• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

What value do you place on your time?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sricha27
  • Start date Start date
S

sricha27

Guest
A few months ago I was musing on why individuals place such a high value on their time and by implications their productivity and the tools and processes to support that productivity. This was especially highlighted by the comparative low priority that businesses place on their employee’s productivity. I wrote this article

http://radio.weblogs.com/0135175/2004/02/29.html#a16

on the topic and Eric Mack wrote a post

http://www.ericmackonline.com/emo/e...-sabotage-their-investment-in-lotus-notes.htm

on a related theme.

Well I have come back to this topic for two reasons:

- First I want to do some research into the topic, my working title is “Personal Productivity – the topic that dropped off the enterprise agenda”

- Second I have been inspired reading this forum by the fact that many individuals and business leaders who contribute to this forum seem to have not let “Personal Productivity – drop off the enterprise agenda”

I was hoping that maybe some of you could give me some tips on your experiences:

- Have you succeeded in making your company take notice of personal productivity?
- Have you managed to create successful business cases to invest in tools, processes and training?
- Are you a senior business decision maker, if so what are your thoughts in this?
- Are you a down trodden knowledge worker, with similar experiences to the ones I describe, or am I missing the point?

If this subject appeals to you you might find my blog category on Productivity of interest

http://radio.weblogs.com/0135175/categories/productivity/
 
Top