• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

When to process

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Guest
I understand that I need to capture ideas/tasks etc. BUT when do most people process them. Immediately or at a set point each day? :)
 
Both

I process
- immediately: Notes taken during phone calls and conversations
- in the morning at work: E-mail, incoming letters and other papers and contents of tickler file
- in the afternoon at work: E-mail
- in the evening at home: E-mail, incoming letters and other papers

Rainer
 
When the knowledge that I have unprocessed stuff starts to fill my psychic RAM to the point that it interferes with what I should be doing.

Andrew
 
When to process

Great question and thanks for the replies in response. I'm a new-comer to GTD, and am currently following the method of processing whenever things on my mind are getting in the way of what ever I'm doing. However, the problem I am finding is that I spend too much time processing, as I'm constantly thinking of new things I could or should be doing. So I don't spend enough time actually working on the stuff in my action lists.

I'm thinking of putting a more rigid structure of processing times in place. Have others made such a switch?

Mike
 
Top