• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Where can I buy Guide Height Manilla folders in the UK?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paraselene
  • Start date Start date
P

Paraselene

Guest
Preferably economic, recycled ones which are straight-cut or 1/3 cut (http://tinyurl.com/2q66cw), though this isn't strictly necessary.

Failing that, are there any workarounds for making the tabs on foolscap-size tabbed folders stick out beyond the hanging "Pendaflex" folders? I'm reluctant to staple the bottoms, and the trouble with both paperclips and staples is that heavier file-folders may rip the staples/force the clips off the file.

I know a lot of UK/European GTDers are keen for the answers to this question, so all contributions greatfully received! :D

Thanks for your time,

Paraselene.
 
151 views and not a single response? Is everyone as stuck for ideas as I am on this front, then?
 
Avery Tabbed Folders Heavyweight FC

I've come across two sources.

Staples have tabbed folders - but the card is too light weight. I find the card flimsy so the tabs bend. They aren't nice/strong enough when filled with lots of info and dont re-use well.

So I've switched to 'Avery Tabbed Folders Heavyweight FC' - available special order from Rymans (direct for delivery or pick up at your local shop) or Viking. They come in 5 colours. I'm using blue at home: code 20613 and Buff (20612) at work. The others are Green 20614, Pink 20617 and Yellow 20619.

They are a pleasure to use, robust when used on the road and re-label well. So I think it's worth the investment.

Hx

PS Bisley make some filing cabinets which use compressor plates.
 
Top