Where do you store your manilla folders together?

A

Anonymous

Hi, new GTD user here...

Sorry of this seems like a silly question, but for you guys that store project plans and support material in manilla folders.. where exactly do you store these folders and how do you keep them together? If you can tell me specifically what stationary/tools you use I'd appreciate it.

One other question, do you still need to keep a written list all of your projects if you use manilla folders? What would be the purpose of that?

Thanks so much!!

CSGiles

Registered
Personally I have a wood rack on my desk with a series of dividers in it.

I put basic desk supplies such as file folders, pad of forms, envelopes, etc. in the back section and current action support and project files in the front part.

I think David uses a dedicated desk basket to hold his supplies; but in my case a tower of desk baskets is understood as a challenge to our resident cats who work as a team to take it down.

Scot

tallmarvin

Registered
Do you mean the file folders before use?

I buy mine in bulk from Costco, take some out and put at the back of my file cabinet (right next to desk in 'swing distance'), put the rest in a closet container out of sight.

Re: Where do you store your manilla folders together?

Anonymous said:
... where exactly do you store these folders and how do you keep them together?
Most of my manila folders (interior folders) are either in hanging file folders (e.g. http://www.pendaflex.com/Americas/htfg/getstarted.html) or box bottom hanging folders (e.g. http://www.pendaflex.com/Americas/htfg/usespecial.html).

Both kinds of hanging folders are either in file racks or file boxes or in drawers of small file cabinets.

Rainer

Anonymous said:
One other question, do you still need to keep a written list all of your projects if you use manila folders?
Yes!
What would be the purpose of that?
Though a complete and processed collection of project folders is a list in the GTD-sense of the word "list", it is very helpful to have a written list of all my projects at hand, e.g. when I do my weekly review, or if in the hectic of the day I need to put back the folders into there places and check if all folders are still around, or if I want to think about my projects when I'm not at my office.

Rainer

K

ko

Anonymous said:
One other question, do you still need to keep a written list all of your projects if you use manilla folders? What would be the purpose of that?

Definitely. An actual list is much easier to review than project support folders, and is more portable as well.

Plus, not everything project requires a support folder. Some contain primarily electronic information, or have no specific support info at all.