Where should things like reading a book go?

AlexanderChow

Registered
I am using omnifocus iPad to deal with things, but it seems very bogey when things like reading a book keep living in my project list, I can't simply mark it as done. So where should they be?

Oogiem

Registered
AlexanderChow;95922 said:
I am using omnifocus iPad to deal with things, but it seems very bogey when things like reading a book keep living in my project list, I can't simply mark it as done. So where should they be?

I also use Omnifocus and I have a project of reading to improve myself. One of the items in that project is a recurring action to read that repeats every few days once done. I see no reason it can't be in OF. It works for me to keep me focused on reading.

mthar1

Registered
AlexanderChow;95922 said:

Is this reading a particular book or just reading in general?

AlexanderChow

Registered
I think DA's approach is too focused on outcome, I think most time what you are doing is what you 'd like to do as you are doing it. reading pleases me, I don't care what outcome it might be.

jrdouce

Registered
I just have a note in Evernote with a list of books I want to read, so when I'm ready for a new book, I browse thew list and see if something jumps out. If it's something I need to read, I'll create a task like "read requirements doc".