• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Where to put incubate things...

I'm still a bit confused about incubating stuff. I get lots of ideas for projects to do. They're GOOD ideas, and if I had time, I'd do them. However, they are not DO RIGHT NOW projects, though I'll have thoughts about them from time to time. The issue is time - I can only do so many projects at once, given resources.
What's the right way to track these? I'm a big outlook/palm fan. Should these be:
1. Someday/Maybe TASKS (I'm using the GTD add-in).
2. Notes under "Incubate"
3. Dated things to review in the calendar?
4. Saved e-mails under Inbox/Someday.
I'd rather just keep everything in one place. Just like it's a bad idea to have lots of inboxes, I can't see it being a good idea to have lots of incubation locations.
 
Top