Why we need Inbox ?

cwoodgold

Registered
AlexanderChow;100656 said:
I should break things down like:
1. Find my instruction cards when I get home (set up an location awareness action)
2. Login the website
3. bring the code with me!

Yes, exactly!

And you can have a list of "things to do when at home", and write "find the instruction card" there; then, if all goes well, you can relax and forget all about it until next time you're home and you look at that list and easily stick the card into your wallet, pocket, backpack or briefcase where it will automatically come with you next time you go to work. Some actions take very little time but need to be done in the right location. As soon as you put the card in your pocket, you can add "login ..." to a list of "things to do when on the computer" or whatever, so you don't need to think about it until you're in the right location.

After I started GTD, I started being amazed that things were already done. Previously things had bugged me over and over again, similar to your forgetting the coupon card. Once I got into GTD, I'd be expecting some irritation and be surprised to find that I'd already fixed something or already put something in the right place, and I almost felt like complaining "hey, no fair, I have nothing left to complain about!" Now I'm used to it, and when something comes up, I find some way to list it where I'll see it at the appropriate time. Lots of things aren't done yet, but it's generally because I haven't had time for them yet, not because I've forgotten to do them or something.

When I'm at home and thinking I'll bring something to work, I put it in my backpack immediately. Then when I leave for work I don't need to think about what to bring.