wide scale adoption in an organization?

cornell

Registered
Hi Folks,

I'm leading an (as yet) informal effort to get my organization (a large state university) to adopt GTD, and I'd really like to hear suggestions, stories, etc. from anyone who's tried this in any kind of large organization. I'm interested in pilot programs, training efforts and ideas, grassroots efforts, etc.

Thanks!

matt (matthewcornell@gmail.com)

P.S. As much as I'd love to hire David Allen and his staff, we don't have the funding of a large corporation, so I suspect our effort will have to be via internal advocates like myself, at least for the start.

lugopt

Registered
Doing some presentations...

Hi Matt,

I would love to colaborate with you because I'm also interested in helping friends start using GTD. Some friends ask me if I can do a presentation with a few Powerpoint slides to explain them what's GTD and how to start using them.

My purpose is not receive any money from my friends teaching them GTD but I would love to have some help building those slides deck. I think those slides could be very usefull for a lot of people.

My email is my username at gmail dot com.

Thanks,
lugopt

S

Serene

Hi guys,

I am looking to make power point transparencies myself, through I expect perhaps in 6 months or so. Please keep the list updated if you guys make any. I was going to do GTD classes for a non-profit I volunteer at, once I have the system down better.

Serene

G

GoGTDer

cornell said:
I'm leading an (as yet) informal effort to get my organization (a large state university) to adopt GTD, and I'd really like to hear suggestions, stories, etc. from anyone who's tried this in any kind of large organization. I'm interested in pilot programs, training efforts and ideas, grassroots efforts, etc.

GTD relies on getting things out of your head and into the system that you can trust. The first thing you need to do is find such a system. It's hard to recommend one without knowing your organization's goals and day-to-day operational challenges. How many persons involved? Seems like it would be next to impossible to tackle this from top down in a "large state university," because individual groups may have drastically different setups. So recruit some allies, start meeting once a week, advertise the group's meeting on the bulltein boards. Then pick a pilot organizational unit or two and start from there, keeping the ultimate goal of implementing GTD organization-wide in the end.

How do you eat an elefant? One bite at a time...