• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Wiki?

I see "wiki" showing up more and more in posts, here and elsewhere. I'm familier with Wikipedia, but I see references to other Wiki apps. I'm currently in a bit of a technological cul-de-sac, so I'm not not up to date with current technology trends. Can someone refer me to a site where I can learn more about Wiki technology, or is more of an appliation philosophy?

Thanks for your help.
 
If you're familiar with Wikipedia, then their definition of a wiki would be a good place to start.

I like the idea of using a wiki to implement GTD, as it allows more flexibility than an outliner app. (These usually have some kind of tree-like hierarchy.)

I have just started using Instiki, and so far, I like what I see.

If you don't need to access your lists from multiple locations, or if you want to store them on a PDA, then Note Studio (search this forum for more info) could be for you (free demo, $50 to buy, IIRC).

HTH,

Martin
 
Top