Windows Mobile Outlook question for users.

wheelyfeet

Registered
I'd like a smart phone that can sort tasks by category and see notes without having to use 3rd party software. (Our IT dept will not install or support any outside programs and we can only sync through MS Exchange.) Does Windows Mobile allow these functions?

Moggy72

Registered
Pocket Outlook, which is free on most Windows Mobile phones, is pretty limited. As far as I can remember it doesn't let you set up views by category. I quickly moved to Pocket Informant which is much more powerful. It's about $20 but well worth it. It has a GTD mode as well, although I've not tried it.

You don't need to install anything on your desktop, Pocket Informant just works with the data synced from your Exchange server.

Bryn

GTDWorks

Registered
I once use Pocket PC's exclusively for my GTD implementation. But phones arrived, Win Mo didn't keep up with the competition, and I moved on. But I certainly loved the PPC when it was in its heyday!

funkym

Registered
wheelyfeet;76600 said:
I'd like a smart phone that can sort tasks by category and see notes without having to use 3rd party software. (Our IT dept will not install or support any outside programs and we can only sync through MS Exchange.) Does Windows Mobile allow these functions?

Did you take a look at NextAction! for Windows Mobile yet? I have NextAction! running on my BlackBerry for years and it is just the best! From what I can see on that website, it sync's using the MS internal sync'ing. So that should work perfectly for you mate.

Though it is a bit pricey, I have to say: it is worth it!