• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Windows Mobile Outlook question for users.

I'd like a smart phone that can sort tasks by category and see notes without having to use 3rd party software. (Our IT dept will not install or support any outside programs and we can only sync through MS Exchange.) Does Windows Mobile allow these functions?
 
Pocket Outlook, which is free on most Windows Mobile phones, is pretty limited. As far as I can remember it doesn't let you set up views by category. I quickly moved to Pocket Informant which is much more powerful. It's about $20 but well worth it. It has a GTD mode as well, although I've not tried it.

You don't need to install anything on your desktop, Pocket Informant just works with the data synced from your Exchange server.

Bryn
 
I once use Pocket PC's exclusively for my GTD implementation. But phones arrived, Win Mo didn't keep up with the competition, and I moved on. But I certainly loved the PPC when it was in its heyday!
 
wheelyfeet;76600 said:
I'd like a smart phone that can sort tasks by category and see notes without having to use 3rd party software. (Our IT dept will not install or support any outside programs and we can only sync through MS Exchange.) Does Windows Mobile allow these functions?

Did you take a look at NextAction! for Windows Mobile yet? I have NextAction! running on my BlackBerry for years and it is just the best! From what I can see on that website, it sync's using the MS internal sync'ing. So that should work perfectly for you mate.

Though it is a bit pricey, I have to say: it is worth it!
 
Top