Work around for Auto Login Problem

Jeff West

Registered
A

Anonymous

That is a great workaround! Thanks so much for sharing, Jeff.

whkratz

Registered
Unfortunately, still doesn't do the trick for me. As recently as this week, there are discussions regarding the auto-login problem on the forum for the group that produces this forum's software. I'm afraid it is an ongoing glitch, at least at this time.

jerendeb

Registered
Auto-Log-In

I always use http://www.davidco.com/forum/index.php to logon & it always works unless I do a complete browser cleaning. That is when I delete all cookies, history, auto-completes, etc. Then I have to logon & check the remember me box. Then I always use the line to go to the posts that have been made since my last visit. For what it's worth.

TPorter2

Registered
Well, it is not working for me either. I should have known since my post above shows me as a guest. But it appeared to work the first time I tried it. I hope they come up with a solution.

bdavidson

Registered
This may be more a function of your browser blocking certain cookies. If you browse to gettingthingsdone.com, it sets a cookie for davidco.com, but most browsers now try to block access to third-party cookies.

Check our your privacy settings. (For the record, I use Mozilla and browse to www.davidco.com. My browser is set to enable cookies from originating web site only).

whkratz

Registered
Unfortunately, it's not a cookie issue (at least not one that we can do anything about). It doesn't matter how the privacy is set, the auto login still doesn't work reliably. The postings on the "Forum's forum" discuss this issue as well.

I really think that we are stuck with the current performance.