• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Work around for Auto Login Problem

That is a great workaround! Thanks so much for sharing, Jeff.
 
Unfortunately, still doesn't do the trick for me. As recently as this week, there are discussions regarding the auto-login problem on the forum for the group that produces this forum's software. I'm afraid it is an ongoing glitch, at least at this time.
 
Auto-Log-In

I always use http://www.davidco.com/forum/index.php to logon & it always works unless I do a complete browser cleaning. That is when I delete all cookies, history, auto-completes, etc. Then I have to logon & check the remember me box. Then I always use the line to go to the posts that have been made since my last visit. For what it's worth.
 
Well, it is not working for me either. I should have known since my post above shows me as a guest. But it appeared to work the first time I tried it. I hope they come up with a solution.
 
This may be more a function of your browser blocking certain cookies. If you browse to gettingthingsdone.com, it sets a cookie for davidco.com, but most browsers now try to block access to third-party cookies.

Check our your privacy settings. (For the record, I use Mozilla and browse to www.davidco.com. My browser is set to enable cookies from originating web site only).
 
Unfortunately, it's not a cookie issue (at least not one that we can do anything about). It doesn't matter how the privacy is set, the auto login still doesn't work reliably. The postings on the "Forum's forum" discuss this issue as well.

I really think that we are stuck with the current performance.
 
Top