Work GTD vs Home GTD

w_i_t_n_a

Registered
Lol small world even in the GtD community :)
Croydon primary - now an Islamic school, Marion Primary, Pulteney Grammmar we used to go to Morphetville for Woodworking from Marion used to ride my bike there !

R

rayofhope

roakleyca;49205 said:
And I wouldn't use a web based application because the bulk of my projects and tasks are work related and that information CANNOT be public. There are strict rules for stuff like that.
Ryan

That pretty much captures my situation too. I'm just starting to take a crack at this whole GTD thing. I purchased the book, and I'm tooling around with some online GTD programs, as well as computer-based ones.
At work, I too, could in no way use a web-based system. We use outlook and an internal database system for reminders about items, but for privacy purposes, no way could I use web-based. My work items thankfully stay at work, so in essence, I pretty much need two separate systems.
I'm finding that at even with my home life, a combination of physical and electronic based inboxes and collection baskets are probably going to be needed. I am tooling around with the free version of the web-based Vitalist which is interesting and can be accessed on my mobile phone. But there is no way that everything can be captured on an electronic based program. If I'm at work and something pertaining to my personal life pops in my head, I don't have time to log into my Vitalist to "collect a thought", but I can pull out my PDA and handwrite a note in it no problem. And then where do I plug that "thought" into later to process it??? a software based GTD program or a physical in- basket?? In other words, as far as I can tell for me, I'm not going to find an "all in one" GTD tool.