Work in Progress

Hermanina

Registered
Hello Gardener,

And just when I thought I'd got my life sorted .....

Thank you for your message Gardener. I like the idea of the tool that can link actions to both projects and contexts, I could view them either way and see what works best for me. WOud you be able to let me know what they are.

I will probably do best with a mix of both ways though - I find it east to make a bunch of calls/fire off emails when they are quick ad I don't need to think much but when I'm working on my refurb project it's different and I think in a different way. Mind you, I'm not making much progress on my refurb project so maybe it's time for a change.

Hermanina

TesTeq

Registered
One question - Isn't it hard switching from thinking about an email for one project and then going straight on to writing another email about a completely different project?
@Hermanina Yes, I agree with the approach presented by @Gardener :
I, yep, don't like to switch from project to project when the cost of switching from context to context is relatively small--and for me, if I don't have to get up and go somewhere, the cost of switching from context to context is indeed pretty small. So I'd rather stay inside one project and make a call, use a piece of software, write a bit of a document, etc., all inside that project.

Oogiem

Registered
Isn't it hard switching from thinking about an email for one project and then going straight on to writing another email about a completely different project?
Depends on how you think. I make extensive use of contexts because for me it's a lot easier to switch from project to project as long as the actions are in the same software package, or same physical location or use the same tools. Switching tools to handle the same project is painfully slow and debilitating.

My head is finding it hard to let go of joining all the items for each project together so I might give a different colour to each project which would be my way of linking them.
I also am more comfortable with projects nad actions linked. So I use a list management tool that supports that view. That way Ic an see my lists as a project list, as an action list for any gviven context and in my ine and nly use for tags Ican also see my actions and projects by my higher level areas of focus.

Hermanina

Registered
Hi Murray, plumping means choosing or deciding on or settling for - I looked at a lot of methods before choosing GTD.

Christina

Murray

Registered
Hi Murray, plumping means choosing or deciding on or settling for - I looked at a lot of methods before choosing GTD.

Christina
Cool, that was what I assumed from the context. Thanks for confirming that. Great word!

The five P's of workflow, ha ha ha:

Packing
Processing
Placing
Parading
Plumping!

Last edited: