• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Workaholics anonymous

  • Thread starter Thread starter yurfi
  • Start date Start date
Y

yurfi

Guest
I have a problem and I'm wondering if someone can help.

I think I'm a workaholic

I've been taking high doses acid reducing stomach medication to stop the ulcers that plague me from stress.

I also take valium to try to aleviate my stress levels and help me sleep.

I'm also seeing a relaxation therapist (which hasn't helped yet)

I seem to be in a spiral of perpetual frustration that I can't get enough done.

Does anyone have a similar issue. Can you suggest any good books or methods

This problem is affecting my family life and isn't funny at all. :(

Any advise is greatly appreciated
 
I can recommend this book:

The Man Who Mistook His Job for a Life : A Chronic Overachiever Finds the Way Home

by Jonathon Lazear.

Good read. Lazear does a good job explaining first why workaholics are who they are, then explaining how to break free from overworking.

Good luck.
 
Top