Wunderlist creator announces new productivity app

ipcl

Ivo Lingnau
I am not a Wunderlist expert, but in my opinion Microsoft handled this surprisingly well. Whereas it used to be that big software companies would buy up challengers and more or less shut them down in order to protect their own mediocre solutions, this has not happened with Wunderlist. When they announced To Do they committed to keeping Wunderlist going until To Do is as good as Wunderlist (and yes, this is probably where the debate can start now). The Wunderlist team (minus Christian Reber) turned into the To Do team. I think it is understandable, that MS tries to concentrate their resource and efforts on one product at some point. For many founders like Reber it's probably not nice to sell out and then see changes happening that they do not approve of. But here - to me - it seems less justified than in many other cases (ie. those who sell to Facebook...).

bcmyers2112

Registered
I am not a Wunderlist expert, but in my opinion Microsoft handled this surprisingly well.

I have played with Microsoft To-Do and from what little I've seen I'd agree they've done a pretty good job of it. My purpose in posting this wasn't to criticize To-Do but to make note of a new option that's in the works. If it comes to fruition and is as good as Wunderlist was, there will be yet another quality productivity app out there and I think that's all for the good.

TesTeq

Registered
I have played with Microsoft To-Do and from what little I've seen I'd agree they've done a pretty good job of it. My purpose in posting this wasn't to criticize To-Do but to make note of a new option that's in the works. If it comes to fruition and is as good as Wunderlist was, there will be yet another quality productivity app out there and I think that's all for the good.
It's a brave move to compete with a dragon who has just eaten your own child. ;) @ipcl