• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Xobni for Outlook

I've been using the free Outlook add-in Xobni for the past 3 days and I am a proselytizing convert. It has already saved me significant time and aggravation. It organizes e-mails into threads and pulls out attachments. It's not fancy. It just saves me a lot of time sorting, filtering, and searching old e-mails. I didn't appreciate it until I started using it.
 
Xobni performance

I agree that Xobni is incredible. Unfortunately I had to uninstall it due to some performance issues. Apparently they are aware of the issues because as I uninstalled, they asked if I wanted to be notified when they release their next update which addresses these issues.

I used to spend a lot of time filing my emails. With Xobni, that became much less important since I was able to find everything I needed, pretty quickly, with a few clicks. Since my uninstall, I still have been able to keep the # of folders that I use to a minimum.
 
Top