Good news -- new forum software arriving the week of Oct 31-Nov 4

Gardener

Registered
Woohoo! Much easier to use. And it's great that we can use our passwords--I've seen forums fall over dead from the simple need to create a new account after a migration, and I was concerned that the need for a bunch of people to reset their passwords might have a similar effect.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Thanks so much for your encouragement. I agree that this new software seems easier and faster.

I'm sure there will be things to work out, but overall it's a big improvement.

Oogiem

Registered
Yes, looking good, I especially like the automatic place me at the bottom of a thread where the new posts are :)

mcogilvie

Registered
I have a request: can something be done to improve readability? I know grey fonts on grey backgrounds are popular now, but they are actually not very readable in a variety of lighting conditions. The new look is actually grey on grey with more grey. I would at least prefer a darker font for better contrast. Thanks!

Oogiem

Registered
I have a request: can something be done to improve readability? I know grey fonts on grey backgrounds are popular now, but they are actually not very readable in a variety of lighting conditions.
I know that the software supports multiple styles. Here is another forum using the same software with a lighter style set.

http://www.lightroomforums.net

What I don't know is how many styles DavidCo will support, it's part of the forum set-up to allow multiple styles.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
I have a request: can something be done to improve readability? I know grey fonts on grey backgrounds are popular now, but they are actually not very readable in a variety of lighting conditions. The new look is actually grey on grey with more grey. I would at least prefer a darker font for better contrast. Thanks!
Hi Mike, please consider your request added to our queue. Despite being grey from an early age, I agree that grey on grey is not as readable. Time for more contrast.

Many years ago I read that yellow on blue is most readable. But that might look a little bit like 90s DOS to us now.

ArcCaster

Registered
Hi Mike, please consider your request added to our queue. Despite being grey from an early age, I agree that grey on grey is not as readable. Time for more contrast.

Many years ago I read that yellow on blue is most readable. But that might look a little bit like 90s DOS to us now.

as long as we are collecting readable colors -- on my UNIX machines, I have been using 'oldlace' on 'darkblue' for a few decades (alias xterm 'xterm -fg oldlace -bg darkblue) -- wonderfully readable and refreshing. Both oldlace and darkblue are a bit 'chaulky', which means great contrast without violent colors.