I would love a tool that syncs with my iPhone, I have a pc, what would you recommend?

gilcintron

Registered
Try "Remember The Milk" and Google Apps :)

I am a fan of Remember The Milk (rememberthemilk.com) for list/task management, Google Calendar for Cal functions, Google Docs for storage/reference and a legal pad for capture.

The RTM "Pro" version (which allows syncing to your iOS devices) costs $25 a year, but I have found it to be well worth the investment. Google has their "Tasks" feature, but I find them very limited.

Andy55

Registered
Not sure if anyone mentioned Omnifocus or Things?

Sadly not on a PC though! but both work spectacularly on Macs, iPads and iPhones with no clunky or glitches...maybe time to change your hardware!

Cheers
Andy

mebstein

Registered
I tried it, it didn't work

gilcintron;91558 said:
I am a fan of Remember The Milk (rememberthemilk.com) for list/task management, Google Calendar for Cal functions, Google Docs for storage/reference and a legal pad for capture.

The RTM "Pro" version (which allows syncing to your iOS devices) costs $25 a year, but I have found it to be well worth the investment. Google has their "Tasks" feature, but I find them very limited.

I did try this but found it did not work well. Using their MilkSync I did see my Outlook tasks on my iPhone and iPad, but they almost immediately fell out of sync. Checking a task off in one place did not update elsewhere, etc. Manually resyncing did not solve the issue. They have an option to dump everything and start over, but it assumes that RTM is the master and Outlook is just a copy. There's no way to tell it "dump the RTM data and take a fresh copy from Outlook".

I was disappointed. I liked the UI for RTM, but if it's not 100% reliable it can't be a "trusted system" for me.