literally had a light bulb moment : Why not literally create a type of next action list or mind sweep within a post here on forums

Following this user response named O. @Oogiem

[https://forum.gettingthingsdone.com...using-digital-forgtd.18306/page-2#post-141860]

In her phrase in post hyperlink - she starts writing instructions of example exercise (which was very similar to previous post I created writing about a problem felt like I was having with an exercise of using A5 sheets paper to document problems/question ideas over time in my mind (a form of a mind sweep)

And I was reading the user named O. at end of day later - when saw what said recommended about using type of envelope, to then come back to in 2-3 weeks - I immediately went to start doing it (because of the statement if it takes less than 2 minutes), got envelope , got paper - then just had an intuitive feeling that doing this at that point in time wasn't going help myself for some reason, so didn't do it.

And reason making this post right now was literally had a light bulb moment I felt:

Why not literally create a type of next action list or mind sweep within a post (N. A. list is based on mind sweep)- because A mind sweep is basically capturing your ideas.

So Why not just write my questions/problems within a post within a thread - since its basically written that there are loads of different ways to do a mind sweep ( in terms of creativity) you just need a type of surface to be able convey your ideas.

So could write here *intray*

First key idea:
Myself Tim feels like room isn't best tidied , has negative effects, that by fact I must not be applying the principles of physical gathering properly according to a system/schedule with a physical inbox in my room! (tagging user @gtdstudente ) G. Damit" I am mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore! QUOTE CAME TO MIND.

Possible next actions would be:
1) read over the past thread where user G. shared this information, find that specific thread for a specific reason - because there were also other sharing's by other users which I didn't fully cognize.
-1.5) could develop this by literally when reading over to better cognize G. user post - could make my own piece of content (because shown to help with comprehension ) for example could use something such as a revision card diagram, or other type of flow diagram maybe - trying to utilize colours "if supposedly visual learning something which helps".
"2) try to ask G. user why didn't reply what he thought about inbox (a plastic box cheap, very) shown in picture - after I told him that I hadn't actually been doing "physical gathering" activity on a continual basis (like you are also suppose to do mind sweep with).

STN + CTP1?

Post script words
literally wouldn't hurt to tag @René Lie or @Mrs-Polifax or@cfoley
Because myself Tim partially don't feel satisfied certain things user O. wrote to me

NL

came back @20 23 It links to topic of "loneliness in real life" ,struggling with mental problems and accountability

René Lie

Certified GTD Trainer
How about trying an isolated area as an experiment? I'm thinking about your room.
Like David Allen suggests, ask yourself: What does not permanantly belong where it is, the way it is? Put it in your inbox (if it fits), or write a note about it an put it in your inbox.

Then, process each item one by one. If it takes less than two minutes, do it now (for example a dirty spoon on the desk that needs to go into the dishwasher). Everything else needs to be tracked as next actions in a list manager (which can be as simple as a word processing document), and organized into the proper context (errands, things to do on a computer, phone calls to make etc).
All of this seems to be tied to an over-arching project which could be titled something like "Create a comfortable working space in my room" or whatever - make sure the project title describes a successful outcome you want to achieve. Also, each task should be descriptive of physical behaviour - and here it's recommended to begin each action item with a verb, so that it's actually something you can DO. Write it out in a way so that it's something we/you can see yourself do, and in a way that it's no doubt what doing looks like. So: Project title describes what "done" means, and the action items describe what "doing" looks like.

Maybe narrowing down to only one distinct area like your room can be a good place to start - and maybe getting into the groove like this can give birth to other projects and also get you into the habit of capturing. When it comes to capturing in general, try to ask yourself "what has my attention right now?".

In my opinion there's no need to force this, like "I should have something on my mind, but I don't" - eventually, things will show up, I'm positive!

I would also recommend that all of the above not only lives in a forum post but in a list that's easily accessible to you wherever you are - or at least at home. The easier it is to see your tasks and the easier it is to choose what task to execute, the more productive your experience will be.

How about trying an isolated area as an experiment? I'm thinking about your room.
Like David Allen suggests, ask yourself: What does not permanantly belong where it is, the way it is? Put it in your inbox (if it fits), or write a note about it an put it in your inbox.

Then, process each item one by one. If it takes less than two minutes, do it now (for example a dirty spoon on the desk that needs to go into the dishwasher). Everything else needs to be tracked as next actions in a list manager (which can be as simple as a word processing document), and organized into the proper context (errands, things to do on a computer, phone calls to make etc).
All of this seems to be tied to an over-arching project which could be titled something like "Create a comfortable working space in my room" or whatever - make sure the project title describes a successful outcome you want to achieve. Also, each task should be descriptive of physical behaviour - and here it's recommended to begin each action item with a verb, so that it's actually something you can DO. Write it out in a way so that it's something we/you can see yourself do, and in a way that it's no doubt what doing looks like. So: Project title describes what "done" means, and the action items describe what "doing" looks like.

Maybe narrowing down to only one distinct area like your room can be a good place to start - and maybe getting into the groove like this can give birth to other projects and also get you into the habit of capturing. When it comes to capturing in general, try to ask yourself "what has my attention right now?".

In my opinion there's no need to force this, like "I should have something on my mind, but I don't" - eventually, things will show up, I'm positive!

I would also recommend that all of the above not only lives in a forum post but in a list that's easily accessible to you wherever you are - or at least at home. The easier it is to see your tasks and the easier it is to choose what task to execute, the more productive your experience will be.

" trying an isolated area as an experiment? I'm thinking about your room." yeah I did about half a year ago.

"What does not permanently belong where it is, the way it is? Put it in your inbox (if it fits), or write a note about it an put it in your inbox." OK will do this right now for everything in my room.

"process each item one by one" in your inbox.

"takes less than two minutes, do it now (for example a dirty spoon on the desk that needs to go into the dishwasher)." yeah im the kind of person who normally has loads of stuff also on desk that this laptop writing form is on - like paper, jar, plastic minders and glasses???

" tracked as next actions in a list manager (which can be as simple as a word processing document)," OK I will make a new text document on my laptop

I don't know again what the word errands actually means?
"things to do on a computer, phone calls to make et" could go in text editor?
" tied to an over-arching project which could be titled something like "Create a comfortable working space in my room" or whatever - make sure the project title describes a successful"
"
also, each task should be descriptive of physical behaviour - and here it's recommended to begin each action item with a verb, so that it's actually something you can DO. Write it out in a way so that it's something we/you can see yourself do, and in a way that it's no doubt what doing looks like. So: Project title describes what "done" means, and the action items describe what "doing" looks like. " OK like with the example you used the word key word CREATE. Also I could put these as titles in text editors

"narrowing down to only one distinct area like your room" right start with my desk? And then what my file folders on shelves? WWGTMOP

Okay.

"recommend that all of the above not only lives in a forum post but in a list that's easily accessible to you wherever you are - or at least at home." your saying I should print or copy a physical version of this fourm post?

Sorry rene @René Lie that I didn't respond back quicker to this notification - the info you share here is life saving to myself

1708255134916.png

The image I show attached here is my inbox on my bedroom floor - which is what only 15 10 cm on one side, had it that persons @gtdstudente didn't respond to last time I showed him this, so was trying to bump him" STN "Do you think I should improve this inbox?

" I left this post on 18 feb and since then no one got back.

https://www.facebook.com/timothy.bo...AtMYkRGCiQAcptdgCDpEL9sJyy3GhEokTNuTWAHbS8djl

figured out how attach picture finally - I press button "attach files at bottom of text editor, because none of the other pictures buttons work for myself".

Please see other picture attached also rene - I tried following your instructions literally by creating a sub file in my "ABC system" called next action list under folder "N" ? Then making the document.

"Thought - problem having type A4 paper space on desk with chelation stuff (minder/powders) could it better place elsewhere?" was text in text editor WPS to do with the task - Rene do you think way I could improve this problem?

Also it means everything if your able to reply back to myself here advice.

Second key idea:
Laptop PC usage.
myself Tim feels like have type of saved documents on laptop still, not organized how they should be.

possible NA:
1) look other thread "ABC filling system" type user advice gave specific to this? where suggests type of programme digital type which creates type inbox for manging type files he said, which I am not completely sure about.
2) update "ABC filling system".

links to other projects

STN

Updating this thread

quote text from libre office text editor related to @FocusGuy

"
ITM actionable

PM persons “Rene.

explaining stuff that I feel at an ends per say.

about problem – where on the threads rene has post commented…

Basically have this re occurring problem.

Where voice in my head has an idea saying : why not literally do this: try to invest/devote as much time at once in one sit in, literally into a mind sweep – so spend as much time as it as possible.

then don’t have do a new mind sweep for say another year – does that make sense?

One of my ideas was to in a maybe type of thread – try to paste/share all the resources literally there has ever been created by allen on topic of mind sweep.

e.g. (his mind sweep PDF trigger list

version of mind sweep from older book

version M S from current revised edition

audio version of his mind sweep)

then for these versions – I should try literally “using different methods/techniques of mind sweep”

does this make sense or am I overthinking?

Maybe Rene @René Lie could help with suggested place to post this stuff?" STN

" trying an isolated area as an experiment? I'm thinking about your room." yeah I did about half a year ago.

"What does not permanently belong where it is, the way it is? Put it in your inbox (if it fits), or write a note about it an put it in your inbox." OK will do this right now for everything in my room.

"process each item one by one" in your inbox.

"takes less than two minutes, do it now (for example a dirty spoon on the desk that needs to go into the dishwasher)." yeah im the kind of person who normally has loads of stuff also on desk that this laptop writing form is on - like paper, jar, plastic minders and glasses???

" tracked as next actions in a list manager (which can be as simple as a word processing document)," OK I will make a new text document on my laptop

I don't know again what the word errands actually means?
"things to do on a computer, phone calls to make et" could go in text editor?
" tied to an over-arching project which could be titled something like "Create a comfortable working space in my room" or whatever - make sure the project title describes a successful"
"
also, each task should be descriptive of physical behaviour - and here it's recommended to begin each action item with a verb, so that it's actually something you can DO. Write it out in a way so that it's something we/you can see yourself do, and in a way that it's no doubt what doing looks like. So: Project title describes what "done" means, and the action items describe what "doing" looks like. " OK like with the example you used the word key word CREATE. Also I could put these as titles in text editors

"narrowing down to only one distinct area like your room" right start with my desk? And then what my file folders on shelves? WWGTMOP

Okay.

"recommend that all of the above not only lives in a forum post but in a list that's easily accessible to you wherever you are - or at least at home." your saying I should print or copy a physical version of this fourm post?

Sorry rene @René Lie that I didn't respond back quicker to this notification - the info you share here is life saving to myself

View attachment 1725

The image I show attached here is my inbox on my bedroom floor - which is what only 15 10 cm on one side, had it that persons @gtdstudente didn't respond to last time I showed him this, so was trying to bump him" STN "Do you think I should improve this inbox?

@gtdstudente - I am testing can you see this notification

Can you clarify with myself that you saw this post - and you thought what I showed in this picture is adequate, that for example you don't have anymore suggestions?

A voice came mind - maybe would help showed type inbox you have or use? "STN

@TimBourne,

Have been busy reducing obligations

Thank you very much

1712060846358.png
So your saying actually you agree this picture took of inbox is adequate for an inbox?

But feel like I have major problems still organizing.

e.g. doing weekly reviewing

and sorting my physical inboxes e.g. in-trays and this box etc- e.g. some items in this box in pic have stayed maybe 3 months now " STN?