Nirvana Setup Guide

David Parker

GTD Connect
I seem to be having problems printing the Nirvana guide. Although it looks fine on the screen some of the diagrams don’t print. Tried both A4 and Letter version on two different printers without success.

Dave

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
I seem to be having problems printing the Nirvana guide. Although it looks fine on the screen some of the diagrams don’t print. Tried both A4 and Letter version on two different printers without success.

Dave

Hi Dave, I've got a couple of questions, which may help me figure out what's going on.

What application do you open the PDF with, and print from? Windows or Mac?

Can you give me one or two example page numbers?

Do the diagrams not print at all (i.e. blank space), or does something show up?

David Parker

GTD Connect
Thanks, John.

I'm on a MAC so printing from Preview. As examples - page 4 the diagram on the right prints just as an empty outlined box, page 8 both diagrams just print as empty boxes, page 14 the first diagram prints, second just en empty box, third and fourth print OK, page 22 both diagrams are just printed as empty boxes.

I have printed a few pages with diagrams from the Outlook 2013/2016 guide but they are all printed OK so it does seem to be a problem with the Nirvana guide and only with some of the diagrams.

Could anyone reading this post who uses a MAC try printing the Norvana guide and see if they have the same problem?

Dave

SherriLB

Registered
Thanks, John.

I'm on a MAC so printing from Preview. As examples - page 4 the diagram on the right prints just as an empty outlined box, page 8 both diagrams just print as empty boxes, page 14 the first diagram prints, second just en empty box, third and fourth print OK, page 22 both diagrams are just printed as empty boxes.

I have printed a few pages with diagrams from the Outlook 2013/2016 guide but they are all printed OK so it does seem to be a problem with the Nirvana guide and only with some of the diagrams.

Could anyone reading this post who uses a MAC try printing the Norvana guide and see if they have the same problem?

Dave

I was able to print mine on a Mac from preview and it worked perfectly...sorry, drparker48!

Romain

GTD Connect
I haven't read the guide yet but I remember testing Nirvana and loving it, only there was no desktop version of it so I discarded it at the time (I close the tabs of my browser quite quickly…). I later found out that there's a very neat app that can create a desktop app from a webpage, so that's perfect for Nirvana if you want to have it separated from your browser, it's called Fluid:
https://www.fluidapp.com/

My 2 cents.

SherriLB

Registered
We have just posted our newest setup guide, for Nirvana. It's available in the GTD Connect Document Library.

(The setup guides are a premium feature available with paid monthly or annual memberships, but the Nirvana guide will be available for $10 in our GTD Shop later today.)

Good morning!

I just wanted to pop in and say that I FINALLY took the time to read the Nirvana Setup Guide and am thrilled! Thank you for writing such a clean and simple set of instructions. I embrace clarity whenever I stumble upon it :D and this was super easy and clear for me.

I had set up my Nirvana and it was "okay" but the Guide allowed me to see that I overcomplicated my system which made it repelling to me. And as you folks always say, it's not good to have your system repel you in any way.

I plan to re-read the Guide, focusing especially on agendas, projects, and email. I know that once I simplify my system it will work so much better for me.

Thank you again for your time and for this super-helpful Setup Guide.

All my best,
Sherri

SherriLB

Registered
I am thrilled to hear this @SherriLB. Thank you!

You're welcome, Kelly.

I've been working on cleaning up my Nirvana all day and have taken my Inbox from 50-something (eek!) to 5. My Projects list grew from 10 to 30 and my Waiting For list is a ridiculous 27. No wonder I can't get anything done..."hurry up and wait!" Next are my physical piles (Inbox and Waiting For).

I almost feel light-headed. ;)

Again, thank you for all you folks do, and @Longstreet, too!

Sherri

Longstreet

Professor of microbiology and infectious diseases
You're welcome, Kelly.

I've been working on cleaning up my Nirvana all day and have taken my Inbox from 50-something (eek!) to 5. My Projects list grew from 10 to 30 and my Waiting For list is a ridiculous 27. No wonder I can't get anything done..."hurry up and wait!" Next are my physical piles (Inbox and Waiting For).

I almost feel light-headed. ;)

Again, thank you for all you folks do, and @Longstreet, too!

Sherri
Thanks, Sherri! :D

David Parker

GTD Connect
Using the Pro version of Nirvana is essential (as the GTD Setup Guide recommends) as the free version limits you to:
  • Unlimited items
  • Up to 5 projects
  • Up to 3 reference lists
  • Up to 2 areas
The Pro version removes these limits:
  • Unlimited items
  • Unlimited projects
  • Unlimited reference lists
  • Unlimited areas
  • Recurring tasks
Currently, a forever subscription is only $49, whereas a yearly is $29 and monthly $5. So it pays to go for the Forever option which NirvanaHQ says may not be at this price for long . . .

TesTeq

Registered
Using the Pro version of Nirvana is essential (as the GTD Setup Guide recommends) as the free version limits you to:
  • Unlimited items
  • Up to 5 projects
  • Up to 3 reference lists
  • Up to 2 areas
The Pro version removes these limits:
  • Unlimited items
  • Unlimited projects
  • Unlimited reference lists
  • Unlimited areas
  • Recurring tasks
Currently, a forever subscription is only $49, whereas a yearly is $29 and monthly $5. So it pays to go for the Forever option which NirvanaHQ says may not be at this price for long . . .
"A forever subscription" doesn't seem to be good for their business and can affect the Nirvana service continuity.

Longstreet

"A forever subscription" doesn't seem to be good for their business and can affect the Nirvana service continuity.
I am not in business, but was wondering about the idea of a "forever subscription". To me it does not seem logical - one payment forever? It would seem that over time they would not have a lot of extra funds to support growth of their product.

Longstreet

I am not in business, but was wondering about the idea of a "forever subscription". To me it does not seem logical - one payment forever? It would seem that over time they would not have a lot of extra funds to support growth of their product.
And I do hope Nirvana is successful as I love their product and use it as my trusted GTD system! :D