Is Nirvana GTD app going to close?

vk07

Registered
Hello All,
I recently came across Nivrana app and was very impressed as it is close to GTD implementation. I was about to upgrade to pro but saw that they do not have any recent updates on their blog or twitter. Also, their Android app was updated long time back. So, I was worried if they are going to close down as happens with other apps? Is it worth investing time and money in this app? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you

vk07

Registered
Hello All,
I recently came across Nivrana app and was very impressed as it is close to GTD implementation. I was about to upgrade to pro but saw that they do not have any recent updates on their blog or twitter. Also, their Android app was updated long time back. So, I was worried if they are going to close down as happens with other apps? Is it worth investing time and money in this app? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you
I reached out to Nirvana to clarify on the above doubts and they responded within few hours. They told they are actively working and are planning to release a major android update and also some new features like attachment and notifications. So looks like they are indeed in for a long haul.

Ship69

Registered
I was initially very excited when I discovered Nirvana. I very much loved the interface. But despite a responsive customer service person, as far as I could see, actual development had in effect stopped completely. Eventually I abandoned them as a result. GTDNext is quite similar although IMHO much better as it lets you move more fluidly between a task becoming a project (and the other way around). Crucially (for me) GTDNext also allows you to have multi-level tasks and projects, unlike Nirvana which FORCES you to stay "flat".

Unfortunately, despite a flying start, development on GTDNext has also slowed dramatically too over the last year or two.

ERJ1

Jedi Master
They should really hire a lackey too post articles on Twitter or something to make people feel like the project is still cookin'! Or maybe publish a road map!

Rostane

Registered
They should really hire a lackey too post articles on Twitter or something to make people feel like the project is still cookin'! Or maybe publish a road map!
True, this is risky with all the competitors, updates on social media and/or a roadmap is a must.

Mateusz

Registered
I think there is no problem with slow developing and releasing new features - I mean it's not a problem itself. Especially if the application is really good and has many features that it should have.

Nonetheless, there are two issues with nirvana.
The first one is they don't publish any news so users know nothing about the future and plans. And then the worst thing comes to mind.
The second thing is even worse. They don't fix bugs that are noted by users. I have noted 3 bugs and the support has thanked for the report and that's all. Nothing has changed after that.

Mateusz

Registered
I am very new to nirvana and regardless of some inconvenience, I am going to stay too.
I believe they will release bug fixes and at least two new features: attachments and calendar integration.

ERJ1

Jedi Master
And then the worst thing comes to mind.
The second thing is even worse. They don't fix bugs that are noted by users. I have noted 3 bugs and the support has thanked for the report and that's all. Nothing has changed after that.
This is something that is really bugging me with TickTick! Their calendar sync is all screwed up and it's got me pulling my hair out.