GTD for finacial advisors

timlambros

Registered
New to GTD and attempting to create "projects" for on-boarding new clients via multiple appointments and many steps involved. A bit lost. Any suggestions?

mcogilvie

Registered
New to GTD and attempting to create "projects" for on-boarding new clients via multiple appointments and many steps involved. A bit lost. Any suggestions?

What you are probably wanting is a checklist or template for new clients. This is a fine gtd thing, but implementation tends to be heavily dependent on the list tool used. I use Things, for which checklists and templates are easy to create.

Oogiem

Registered
Create your standard set of tasks as a checklist or project and then use them like a pad of preformatted paper. Create a copy and customize for each new client.

timlambros

Registered
Great input! As a fairly new GTD person, still can't quite get my mind around functionally how a template or outside software would work. Am I on the right track to see each new appt/lead as an onboarding project? We use Outlook so trying to make it all work from there.

mcogilvie

Registered
Great input! As a fairly new GTD person, still can't quite get my mind around functionally how a template or outside software would work. Am I on the right track to see each new appt/lead as an onboarding project? We use Outlook so trying to make it all work from there.

Don’t overthink this. Here’s a barebones structure: Make an Outlook list called Prospects, a specialized project list. In the notes field of each entry, you can put the steps you want to go through. Maybe you keep a master copy of those steps in an entry called TEMPLATE. Review the status of prospects in the weekly review and as desired. Add next actions as needed.

timlambros

Registered
@mcogilvie I agree. I’m going to do just what you recommended. Would love to figure out how to create a check list in an Outlook task template? Played around with it today but couldn’t figure it out. Google searches have lots of other software you can use and possibly sync but not sure I want to go there.