GTD for finacial advisors

Discussion in 'ALL: What's New in Connect' started by timlambros, Oct 21, 2019.

1. timlambros

timlambros Registered

Fiduciary Advisor
    Home Page:
    New to GTD and attempting to create "projects" for on-boarding new clients via multiple appointments and many steps involved. A bit lost. Any suggestions?

2. mcogilvie

mcogilvie Registered

What you are probably wanting is a checklist or template for new clients. This is a fine gtd thing, but implementation tends to be heavily dependent on the list tool used. I use Things, for which checklists and templates are easy to create.

3. Oogiem

Oogiem Registered

Create your standard set of tasks as a checklist or project and then use them like a pad of preformatted paper. Create a copy and customize for each new client.

4. timlambros

timlambros Registered

Fiduciary Advisor
    Home Page:
    Great input! As a fairly new GTD person, still can't quite get my mind around functionally how a template or outside software would work. Am I on the right track to see each new appt/lead as an onboarding project? We use Outlook so trying to make it all work from there.

5. mcogilvie

mcogilvie Registered

Don’t overthink this. Here’s a barebones structure: Make an Outlook list called Prospects, a specialized project list. In the notes field of each entry, you can put the steps you want to go through. Maybe you keep a master copy of those steps in an entry called TEMPLATE. Review the status of prospects in the weekly review and as desired. Add next actions as needed.