Can you recommend a Timer app for Windows (10)?

Ship69

Registered
Hello

Can you recommend a Timer app for Windows?

I want to quickly and easily set up
A) "count-down timers" of pre-defined lengths of time (e.g. 2min, 5min, 10min, 20min, 40min, 60min)

B) "stop watch": I also want to be able to time events from now.

I would like to be able change the alarm sound to one of my choice.

Ideally I would be able to start the timer of my choice using a single click on my Desktop (or Quick Launch pane at the bottom of the screen...)

Thanks

J

PS The background is that I normally use a physical device - a 4 way kitchen timer made by Salter. But it keeps bleeping when I transport it due to being touched accidentally in my briefcase.

Last edited:

Sarahsuccess

Registered
I'm using Win7. Is there a Clock app in Win10 with timer functionality?

Yes Windows 10 comes with an “Alarms & Clock” program.

Hello

Can you recommend a Timer app for Windows?

I want to quickly and easily set up
A) "count-down timers" of pre-defined lengths of time (e.g. 2min, 5min, 10min, 20min, 40min, 60min)

B) "stop watch": I also want to be able to time events from now.

I would like to be able change the alarm sound to one of my choice.

Ideally I would be able to start the timer of my choice using a single click on my Desktop (or Quick Launch pane at the bottom of the screen...)

You can quickly and easily add muliple count-down timers of predefined lengths.

It has a stopwatch.

For each alarm you have the option to choose from many sounds (under “Sound”). I’m not sure how to add a custom sound.

You could pin it to the taskbar, and perhaps put a link on the desktop.

Here is a liink that I hope is helpful:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026379/windows-10-how-to-use-alarms-clock-app

Here’s how to select sounds:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows/269ad2a7-e5bb-48e9-be56-f521f232adbc

Sarah

Last edited:

OlinTucker

Registered
A great option is the "Alarms & Clock" app that comes pre-installed on Windows 10. It includes a timer feature that allows you to set both countdown and stopwatch timers. You can also set custom alarm sounds. Both apps are easily accessible from the desktop or the quick launch pane, so you can start a timer with just a single click. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. PS: By the way, if you're looking for a Windows 10 product key, you might want to check out some of the threads on the Windows 10 Product Key Reddit page. They have some helpful advice on how to get a valid product key.

Last edited:

René Lie

Certified GTD Trainer
I use the clock app in Windows when I deliver GTD courses. I have set up all the countdown e timers I need for the different situations, and it works very well! As others have pointed out, it also has stopwatch functionality.

I also use the web based "egg timer" occasional ly. There, you can set it up however you like, and create a bookmark in your browser!

gtdstudente

Registered
I use the clock app in Windows when I deliver GTD courses. I have set up all the countdown e timers I need for the different situations, and it works very well! As others have pointed out, it also has stopwatch functionality.

I also use the web based "egg timer" occasional ly. There, you can set it up however you like, and create a bookmark in your browser!
Love the "clock app in Windows" . . . non-existent Project: Set-Up and Learning Curve . . . plus 'clutter-free' . . . huge. Sir, thank you very much!

Ps. Create Problems/Projects to Solve Problems/Complete Projects . . . will respectfully take a pass, thank you very much :) LOL

Last edited:

dtj

Registered
I've re-embraced physical timers, as I am more compliant to them. Computer based timers are YAFN (Yet Another Notification) and I just ignore them. So i've populated each place where I likely need them with like https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09W2B267P?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1 and it's worked very well.

I do, however, use my apple watch alarms multiple times per day, for like naps and "time to leave" things.

Murray

Registered
This doesn't meet all the requirements of the OP but I'll mention it anyway - I use an app from the Microsoft Store called Free Timer. It has limited choices as to the length of countdown but the 2 minute timer was what I wanted it for.

I also bought two sets of hourglasses. Each different duration has a different colour of plastic and sand. I keep the 2 minute ones on my desks at home and work. I have used the longer duration ones for ice bathing at home, and for engaging my high school students.

kathleentnorris

Registered
I totally get the timer struggle, especially when your kitchen timer decides to be an overenthusiastic travel companion. For Windows, I stumbled upon an app called "Hourglass." It's super user-friendly, lets you set up countdowns, and has a stopwatch feature too. You can customize the alarm sound and, guess what, it's a one-click wonder on your desktop. I'm fairly new here and loving the community vibes. Also, if you're into upgrading, I've heard whispers about snagging a windows 11 pro retail key – maybe worth checking out! Anyway, hope this helps with your timing adventures.

Last edited: