Any suggestions for Evernote with the new tasks module

Jasonrspencer

Registered
Any suggestions on how to implement GTD with the new Evernote tasks!

I have the current GTD Setup Guide for Evernote; but was wondering if the Evernote tasks could be implemented there.

And how could we do it?

Is there a plan to update the Evernote guide?

FocusGuy

Registered
I have not the GTD set up guide which sure is great. I used Evernote for GTD but it was years ago, I was helped by a method call "after the book" I lost, and also another one I kept call "the secret weapon" Here is the link I found... https://thesecretweapon.org
NB : Evernote has made huge progress you can make task, tags, folders, fix dead line and it is always easy to use

Now, I use EVERNOTE for reference matérial.

My own GTD system was on Nirvana since yesterday morning but for many reasons, I switched back to omnifocus, I made like it (OF is.a clone off NIRVANA like I made it - It looks like Nirvana, it has all functions of Nirvana but also those of Omnifocus ... So it is indeed more powerfull...) :) + I use URL links from EN & OF for going from one to another project.

Here is my own set up as reference material (sorry it is in French)

Capture d’écran 2021-09-29 à 09.29.55.png

Last edited:

mcogilvie

Registered
The obvious implementation is to have one note for each context, simply because Evernote does not provide enough functionality for more. Of course, this is not how Evernote apparently believes you should work and circumvents their vision of commingling next actions and project support.

FocusGuy

Registered
The obvious implementation is to have one note for each context,
Yes indeed. When I made my EN system that's was the core principle. I used tags for context so that made
Folder = INBOX, PROJECTS...
Note = Tasks
Tags = Contexts

INBOX
PROJECTS wich included
Project X (Notebook) > Note= task + Context (@Call)
WAITING FOR (instead of ressources)
TICKLER
SMB
REFERENCES
ARCHIVES

Make it simple !

hansenhunt

Registered
I'm testing this out right now and would love any ideas from the community if you have it working smoothly with the new tasks feature.

Currently, I'm testing using the Tasks tool to be the source of truth for my Actions rather than a Notebook. I also have an Actions notebook where I can move things if needed, but often my tasks come from notes across many different notebooks and now I don't need to move the note.

AnneMKE

Registered
I'm testing this out right now and would love any ideas from the community if you have it working smoothly with the new tasks feature.

Currently, I'm testing using the Tasks tool to be the source of truth for my Actions rather than a Notebook. I also have an Actions notebook where I can move things if needed, but often my tasks come from notes across many different notebooks and now I don't need to move the note.
Hi -- I came here to see whether was anyone was trying an Evernote set-up with the new Tasks tool. (Obviously I'm a long way behind you!) Any update on how this has gone for you? Thanks so much!

Offset

Registered
I tried and ended up not liking using each note as a task as it was hard to work with Evernote and felt awkward.
I moved to using notes as context lists as well as project lists. This worked well, but laborious. It's akin to having paper lists.
With Evernote's new tasks, I keep the tasks in project list notes, and add "@work", "@home", "@person", "@waitingfor", etc at the end of each task, to be able to filter the task list. I've tried it for about a month - we'll see how long it lasts. So far so good!

Last edited:

Claudia Volkman

Registered
I've been experimenting with implementing the Tasks feature in Evernote. I have a Next Actions stack, with a Next Actions by Context notebook (one note for each context: @Computer, Errands, Calls, Home, Anywhere), one notebook for Agendas, and one for Waiting For. In each note I add the various tasks. In the Tasks pane, I can see these sorted by those notebooks, and also find the Due Dates helpful so I can see what's coming up when. Tasks certainly lacks a lot of the features of apps like Omnifocus, Things 3, or Todoist, but it does work and it has the benefit of having everything (projects, project support, and with the Home view, even your calendar) in one place.