Live webinar with David Allen on contexts

davidcoforum

Administrator
Staff member
Please save the date for a live webinar with David Allen and Kelly Forrister on contexts. They will be discussing what has and has not changed about contexts in GTD. They will also debunk some myths about contexts, and save time for Q&A at the end of the webinar.

Thursday, March 17, 2022, from 10:00AM to 11:00AM Eastern time.

We will have the registration link available soon in the webinars panel on the upper-right side of most GTD Connect pages.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
If you have context questions, or answers, that you'd like to send in advance, please do. We'll try to work those into the presentation.

Longstreet

Professor of microbiology and infectious diseases
Here is an interesting presentation by some apparently quite bright high school students. I find it interesting to see how the new generation is thinking about contexts. While I have some classic ones like agenda, home only, errands, I also now have "operational" and "creative". I find that my work can be classified into those contexts.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Here is an interesting presentation by some apparently quite bright high school students. I find it interesting to see how the new generation is thinking about contexts. While I have some classic ones like agenda, home only, errands, I also now have "operational" and "creative".
Since you mentioned it, I'll give you a sneak peak. One of David's contexts is "Creative Writing."

Ridwan

Registered
Awesome! I won't be missing this webinar! I shall start thinking of some questions re: Contexts. As someone who always struggles with contexts, this would be an amazing experience.

Thanks for sharing the YouTube.

fwade

Registered
Here is an interesting presentation by some apparently quite bright high school students. I find it interesting to see how the new generation is thinking about contexts. While I have some classic ones like agenda, home only, errands, I also now have "operational" and "creative". I find that my work can be classified into those contexts.

Thanks for sharing this David. They were mindboggling last year! I felt very, very old trying to keep up with the speed of their ideas. By contrast, I understand the app developers who are my age without a problem...now what does that mean? LOL

Longstreet

Professor of microbiology and infectious diseases
This was great - thanks so much to Kelly, John, and David. May I ask when the recording will be available?

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
@John Forrister Something went wrong. In Overcast there's only 10 minutes and 11 seconds of audio.
Hi TesTeq, I checked the MP3 file and it's 55:15. I streamed it on GTD Connect at full length. I also tried it in the iOS Podcasts app, and it came through a full length. Would you try it again and let me know if anything has changed? Also, anyone else reading this, how does it work for you?

mcogilvie

Registered
Hi TesTeq, I checked the MP3 file and it's 55:15. I streamed it on GTD Connect at full length. I also tried it in the iOS Podcasts app, and it came through a full length. Would you try it again and let me know if anything has changed? Also, anyone else reading this, how does it work for you?
I see 55 minutes worth of both audio and video in the iOS podcast app.

Murray

Registered
55 minutes on Android, BeyondPod app

alsa

Registered
So I have been gone awhile, probably like a few years. I still keep GTD in mind whenever I do pretty much anything. The most important thing that I've retained from this philosophy, if that's what we all call it, is the importance of the Weekly Review.

Context is something we have probably all been forced to simplify the last decade or so due to the prevalence of digital devices and the fact that a lot of our work is now done digitally and can be done from anywhere.

I am back to see what's changing and how are all adapting!

Ridwan

Registered
I really enjoyed the webinar. Here are my three takeaways:

- Need to trim down on my Context list. (I have done that to a manageable level that is easy for daily reflection.)
- Obsidian as a reference management tool. (Looking into some YouTube videos and articles to set it up. May take some notes from Evernote & OneNote setup guide to build Obsidian.)
- David Allen uses MS ToDo app. (I like the app it's easy to set up and pretty straightforward. I always preferred Todoist and come back to it all the time.)

Thanks to Kelly, John & David. :)

Last edited: