About "E-mail topic - should it be focused on at the beginning of trying to implement GTD or not

René Lie

Certified GTD Trainer
Coming back here - I just tried something going "contacts in google" then tried exporting certain amount of names/profiles like 14 in format file "spreadsheet/outlook e-mail" - and saw that puts 14 email addresses in type of spread sheet doc downloaded "downloads" PC

I thought maybe doing that - would make it so delete all the e-mail threads with contacts just exported out "my contacts" but it didn't, I checked

I believe this only works for contacts you stored in Google Contacts (a separate Google service aside from Gmail)

I was thinking Rene: - do you know if there is an easier way to unsubscribe from E-mails apart from manually going down to certain newsletters and pressing unsubscribe to re direct to websites?

-Because not all contact e-mails allow subscriptions this way.
-and takes a bit of time manually having do it this way going on each website.
Not sure... I've only seen in some emails that I can unsubscribe directly when I delete the newsletter - this being a Google thing and not from the newsletter provider. This may depend on how the newsletter service is set up - I'm not sure...

René Lie

Certified GTD Trainer
"what you mean here, but I don't use notifications on email, I prefer to check my inbox whenever I feel like it. What I mean here is that some email programs give you the option of grouping emails by subject, like a chat thread - I don't like that..."

The first is that I've turned off all notifications, as I don't want Gmail to interrupt me.

The "conversation" thing, in Gmail in the browser, go:
Cog wheel -> All settings -> General
There you will find something like "display conversation" (not sure what it's called in English, I use norwegian translation), where you can disable if you like

I miss read what you wrote.

Right I was thinking - in the archive (all mail) when press option to "archieve mail" a second time - where does it go? I searched and coun'dt find an answer.

I think maybe it pearmently (typo) deletes the mail of Gmail?"
I hardly ever archive, I prefer labels. I just tried one, and when I had archived a message and went to "all email", the archive button was greyed out and "delete" was my only option (or I could put it back into the inbox).

Since your e-mail has your attention but you are wondering whether completely processing your inbox to zero would be a good use of your current time and energy, perhaps “Process e-mail backlog” would be an excellent candidate for a Someday/Maybe project. As you are learning to implement GTD, you could focus instead on developing an effective system for processing new incoming inputs that arrive via e-mail and which are found in your most recent e-mail messages; these messages likely represent the majority of commitments still most relevant to your current life. When the habit of clarifying your e-mail to zero every 24-48 hours is established, then you can decide whether it is worthwhile to apply your new system to those older messages, breaking the project of processing many old e-mails into a series of manageable next actions (e.g., process 25 old e-mails OR process old e-mails for 15 minutes OR process e-mails from August 2023).

Meanwhile, you might move your older e-mails into a separate folder or label so they are not in your inbox anymore consuming everyday mental bandwidth. Most e-mail programs allow you to search for e-mails older than a specific date. (For example, in Gmail, you can enter “before:YYYY/MM/DD” into the search bar; search the Internet for directions specific to your e-mail service.) Give these older messages a meaningful label like “Backlog” or “Before DATE” or “Old E-mails” and archive them. Then make clearing your inbox of the more recent inputs that remain (within the last 30 or 60 or 90 days or whatever interval feels comfortable for you) one of your current projects.

For subscriptions you find you rarely open (newsletters, promotional materials, etc.), your options include:

1. Unsubscribe.

2. Commit to clarifying those messages alongside other new incoming e-mails in your inbox going forward (identify any next actions, then archive the message as reference or project support material or delete).

3. Filter those messages into a dedicated channel such that they bypass your main inbox. This is a form of “planned ignoring” for messages that often give you the option of taking an action but rarely truly require any action from you. You could make one folder or label that collects all such “Subscriptions/Newsletters” or route messages into separate folders/labels for smaller categories (Hobbies, Tech Tips, Personal Finance, Community Events, etc.) or even create dedicated labels/folders for “Newsletter A,” “Store B,” and “Organization C.” Then you can review the messages these filters collect more occasionally than the messages in your primary inbox without them clogging up your system. You may miss a chance to save 30% on something during a limited-time sale, but you will gain overall peace of mind! (Alternatively, if never missing a sale at Store X is important to you, don’t filter Store X’s messages out of your primary inbox.)

Using backlog (aka now using archieve feature) and unsubscribing.

Not clarifying or filtering.
@René Lie

Hello! I hope you won't mind if I try to clarify one of your points, so you can correct me, if I'm not following you. One piece of advice you have is how to set up the folders in an email program. I use yahoo for email. In Yahoo, there is a left sidebar where I can create and access email folders.

Below are the folders or the sections of a notebook that I came up with to tentatively create a GTD system. I'm wondering whether some of these categories that may be needed to contain a paper-based or digital GTD system are not necessarily needed for email folders. Could you elaborate on how this would work?

@ GTD Inbox
@ Calendar
@ Next Actions List(s)
@ Agendas
@ Read & Review
@ Action Support
@ Projects List
@ Projects Files & Support
@ Waiting For
@ Someday-Maybe
@ Reference (Routines, SOPs, Lists, Data Files)
@ Archive

Polifax you suggest creating these sections within E-mail? Similar to Asana.
@TimBourne

You say that you have perhaps about 10,000 emails in your email inbox. I believe you are wondering what to do with them to get your inbox emails down to zero. If you know that you do not need your backlog of emails, you can delete them. If you think you might need some or all of them, you can archive them.

Archiving them means keeping them but moving them out of your inbox to a pre-existing folder in your email program. In my email program, that folder is called "Archive." You can try moving several unimportant emails to your Archive to test whether you can still access them in your Archive, just as you can now in your Inbox. If so, then you will know you can proceed safely.

You can move ALL your emails to Archive all at once, even if it is 10,000 or more emails. It was for me as simple as checking a box to move all my inbox emails to my Archive folder, although it did take awhile. You can search google or YouTube for how to archive emails in your specific email program. Archiving all the emails in your inbox empties your inbox completely, so it is much easier to work with new incoming emails without all that backlog and mental clutter.

However, unless you do something to get your new emails down to zero, your new emails will begin piling up just like your old emails did. Refer to Pages 156-158 in the updated version of the GTD Book for how David Allen recommends managing email based work flow.

David Allen's GTD book, updated edition, shows the GTD workflow processing diagram on Page 123 (clarifying) & on Page 143 (organizing). This diagram gives you a clear, graphical idea of the questions (decisions) involved and the lists (containers) needed in doing GTD processing.

GTD Processing can be done in a digital or paper system. Some say all you need is a pen and a notebook. Others say tools, supplies, equipment, and time are needed. I've heard some advanced GTDers say that it is important to notice what attracts you most, and I've heard others say to start wherever it feels right for you.

Best Wishes!

Again using Archive feature, and deciding next step.
U- reference book pages on E-mail worth reading over.

"That was pretty much all felt like there was right now, scanning over this thread another time.

ITM thought send this now.

ITM feeling confused coming back to this post here.

What myself Tim is on the side of doing is: trying to delete/bin all messages as possible, unless they are essential to save time.

"I saw that earlier persons @René Lie didn't answer: does it have negative effects having loads of e-mail stored under one file/folder such as "archive" - maybe other users will know.
Thought came to mind - maybe there is a way to export e-mail messages and save them on to expansion drive?

*because reoccurring problem - is I do actually have 10 000 e-mail (not what wrote not so long ago) (that had 3000 - because I tried moving large amounts into new file creating new file backlog). " check

" I feel like I need to review things - over in this e-mail thread ,that something doesn't add up - why is it that I had - I'm not completely sure what have in my memory to be true - basically - yesterday had it 3000 was in all mail, then today it is up to 6000 - Its just the words in my head

There's no quicker way of doing this process in Gmail - apart from going through batch 100 pages at a time process? Or is there some kind of way do something - highlight an e-mail or contact and - then be able achieve all messages in one go for all inbox? I should search this.

STN :(

maybe also @gtdstudente was active person in this thread

René Lie

Certified GTD Trainer
Using backlog (aka now using archieve feature) and unsubscribing.

Not clarifying or filtering.

Polifax you suggest creating these sections within E-mail? Similar to Asana.

Again using Archive feature, and deciding next step.
U- reference book pages on E-mail worth reading over.

"That was pretty much all felt like there was right now, scanning over this thread another time.

ITM thought send this now.

ITM feeling confused coming back to this post here.

What myself Tim is on the side of doing is: trying to delete/bin all messages as possible, unless they are essential to save time.

"I saw that earlier persons @René Lie didn't answer: does it have negative effects having loads of e-mail stored under one file/folder such as "archive" - maybe other users will know.
Thought came to mind - maybe there is a way to export e-mail messages and save them on to expansion drive?

*because reoccurring problem - is I do actually have 10 000 e-mail (not what wrote not so long ago) (that had 3000 - because I tried moving large amounts into new file creating new file backlog). " check

" I feel like I need to review things - over in this e-mail thread ,that something doesn't add up - why is it that I had - I'm not completely sure what have in my memory to be true - basically - yesterday had it 3000 was in all mail, then today it is up to 6000 - Its just the words in my head

There's no quicker way of doing this process in Gmail - apart from going through batch 100 pages at a time process? Or is there some kind of way do something - highlight an e-mail or contact and - then be able achieve all messages in one go for all inbox? I should search this.

STN :(

maybe also @gtdstudente was active person in this thread
Sorry, you have a lot of questions, and sometimes they get "buried"...

Well, with Gmail you have 15 GB of free storage, so at some point this will be used up and you'll either have to pay or clean up!

Sorry, you have a lot of questions, and sometimes they get "buried"...

Well, with Gmail you have 15 GB of free storage, so at some point this will be used up and you'll either have to pay or clean up!

ITM the previous message before last message sent
1709238571451.png

I figured there is button shown in print screen for unsubscribing from certain E-mails - that supposedly does it instantly.

Erm - well I am writing certain times where feel emotionally not balanced (hence why sending low quality replies).

"Gmail you have 15 GB of free storage" didn't know that
I had thought - have about 10 000 e-mails so - might be nearing 15GB limit? how do I know

In a nutshell - what I am basically reverting to doing is moving everything to archive (all mail) and deleting E-mail contact addresses, writing note of certain ones in text editor - which have idea to do so

It wouldn't make sense to put all messages into "all mail" would it and delete no contacts e-mail address (un subscribing)

I don't feel like real person :[

René Lie

Certified GTD Trainer
ITM the previous message before last message sent
View attachment 1742

I figured there is button shown in print screen for unsubscribing from certain E-mails - that supposedly does it instantly.

Erm - well I am writing certain times where feel emotionally not balanced (hence why sending low quality replies).

"Gmail you have 15 GB of free storage" didn't know that
I had thought - have about 10 000 e-mails so - might be nearing 15GB limit? how do I know

In a nutshell - what I am basically reverting to doing is moving everything to archive (all mail) and deleting E-mail contact addresses, writing note of certain ones in text editor - which have idea to do so

It wouldn't make sense to put all messages into "all mail" would it and delete no contacts e-mail address (un subscribing)

I don't feel like real person :[
Hang in there - you're doing great progress!

Yeah, that looks like an unsubscribe option...

Whenever I click on different folders/tags on the left column, sometimes no message is shown, and instead, it says how much storage I have used. Try that - click on "snoozed" where you problably have no messages(?) and see what happens!
Actually, the 15 GB limit is for your Google account as a whole, so if you have anything stored in Google Drive (or Google Photo or whatever), this counts as well.

In my own practice, I don't keep anything in "all mail" only - everything is labeled or deleted right away - but I know that some people like to use the archive function. Do whatever feels best for you!

Hang in there - you're doing great progress!

Yeah, that looks like an unsubscribe option...

Whenever I click on different folders/tags on the left column, sometimes no message is shown, and instead, it says how much storage I have used. Try that - click on "snoozed" where you problably have no messages(?) and see what happens!
Actually, the 15 GB limit is for your Google account as a whole, so if you have anything stored in Google Drive (or Google Photo or whatever), this counts as well.

In my own practice, I don't keep anything in "all mail" only - everything is labeled or deleted right away - but I know that some people like to use the archive function. Do whatever feels best for you!

ITM

Searched "is there a way to export emails off gmail to save storage?"

article [https://support.google.com/mail/ans...om,records or use the data in another service.]

[https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3024190?sjid=9520746028921850567-EU]

you can download certain things from google account

gmail is an option included

so does it mean -litearlly allows downloads of entire e-mails from folders?

voice said - im unsure - but worth I try this for sake of it right now - you understand

other wise fail safe" STN

@Ogolie
@Oogiem

ITM

had thought

@René Lie " at least
showing there is actually simple option button to select all images in inbox - as shown ,then can mass move them quickly

"THAT IS A QUICK WAY TO GET INBOX TO 0"

1709585728972.png

There are no negatives at all with myself T doing this right now

And still working 1on unsubscribing from certain e-mail providers or outlets

then deciding whether keep or bin received message

"
also @Mrs-Polifax could help

STN

Sounds like you're doing fine!

ITM

I'm not sure.

because just having moved inbox to another folder - with same amount e-mails doesn't actually help really?

I need decide on how much time should be spending on schedule working e-mail right now on previous post actions mentioned, compared to my main train of work with Asana"

STN

Mrs-Polifax

Registered
because just having moved inbox to another folder - with same amount e-mails doesn't actually help really?
I see your point, @TimBourne. In one sense, the backlog is still there and is simply hidden from view, so this doesn't really eliminate your backlog.

However, in another sense, the situation is now entirely different. Your backlog has a home of its own now. It is no longer cluttering up your inbox, so it does not need to be taken into account in getting your inbox to zero.

By archiving your backlog, you have streamlined your GTD system. It will be much easier now for you to process the email in your inbox down to zero each day, since you now have exponentially less email in your inbox to process.

This way, the focus is on getting control of your current email, which is more recent and may be more relevant, rather than on getting control of your past email, which is less recent and may be less relevant. When you have time, if you like, you can still process your backlog, if you believe this is the best use of your time.

Please give yourself credit for archiving your email. You are learning and making progress, and that will help you take further steps. I learned how to do this only recently, too. I did it, and I'm proud of myself. I hope you are proud of yourself, too. Yay!

You may not yet know how to process your email inbox to zero, so you may need to study more to learn how to do this. If so, it may be too soon now for you to start doing this, or you may want to practice it for awhile first. Take all the time you need.

When you feel ready to start processing your email inbox to zero, I suggest you again archive all the emails in your inbox at that time, so you can start with your inbox at zero again. I think a fresh start at inbox zero will motivate you to keep it that way, once you have learned how to do that.

In GTD, as you may recall, we have as many capturing devices as we need and as few as we can get by with. All our capturing devices need to be processed into our GTD system regularly.

I found a diagram online that may help entitled "GTD Workflow Processing and Organizing," and I will try to upload it now. If it does not show up, you can find something similar in the updated GTD book by David Allen. Sorry, it did not upload legibly. Perhaps someone else has a JPG of it they can upload.

Best wishes,

Emily Polifax

Last edited:
ITM

voice said
1NA (if you reply) would be literally moving stuff all from inbox folder.

2and then also trying merge previous failed attempt backlog files moved?

?

Done 1
I see your point, @TimBourne. In one sense, the backlog is still there and is simply hidden from view, so this doesn't really eliminate your backlog.

However, in another sense, the situation is now entirely different. Your backlog has a home of its own now. It is no longer cluttering up your inbox, so it does not need to be taken into account in getting your inbox to zero.

By archiving your backlog, you have streamlined your GTD system. It will be much easier now for you to process the email in your inbox down to zero each day, since you now have exponentially less email in your inbox to process.

This way, the focus is on getting control of your current email, which is more recent and may be more relevant, rather than on getting control of your past email, which is less recent and may be less relevant. When you have time, if you like, you can still process your backlog, if you believe this is the best use of your time.

Please give yourself credit for archiving your email. You are learning and making progress, and that will help you take further steps. I learned how to do this only recently, too. I did it, and I'm proud of myself. I hope you are proud of yourself, too. Yay!

You may not yet know how to process your email inbox to zero, so you may need to study more to learn how to do this. If so, it may be too soon now for you to start doing this, or you may want to practice it for awhile first. Take all the time you need.

When you feel ready to start processing your email inbox to zero, I suggest you again archive all the emails in your inbox at that time, so you can start with your inbox at zero again. I think a fresh start at inbox zero will motivate you to keep it that way, once you have learned how to do that.

In GTD, as you may recall, we have as many capturing devices as we need and as few as we can get by with. All our capturing devices need to be processed into our GTD system regularly.

I found a diagram online that may help entitled "GTD Workflow Processing and Organizing," and I will try to upload it now. If it does not show up, you can find something similar in the updated GTD book by David Allen. Sorry, it did not upload legibly. Perhaps someone else has a JPG of it they can upload.

Best wishes,

Emily Polifax

"backlog is still there "
I don't have a back log or are you referring to it as "all mail" in Gmail.

" backlog has a home of its own now"

" much easier now for you to process the email in your inbox down to zero each da" im not sure.

"his way, the focus is on getting control of your current email, which is more recent and may be more relevant, " - yes it could help other users trying do this for first time - for the first step to "archive " inbox completely - why isn't this shared anywhere? should I try make a post to help other people with this?

"I learned how to do this only recently, too. I did it, and I'm proud of myself. " how come? your using different e-mail provider than Gmail "I cannot give myself credit.

"may not yet know how to process your email inbox to zero" other users have written to myself suggestions, have two other users come to mind gave simple ideas.

"found a diagram online that may help entitled "" and I will try to upload it now. If it does not show up, you can find something similar in the updated GTD" I think I know what you are referring to - I have , have that a4 sheet printed off on paper in my room, I also think it is in the asana guide? STN I could teach you how to make is so JPEGS always upload?
Image result for GTD Workflow Processing and Organizing,
- this is what you were referring to?

ITM

voice said
1NA (if you reply) would be literally moving stuff all from inbox folder.

2and then also trying merge previous failed attempt backlog files moved?

?
Done 2 - it was simple - I just "removed labels" on 2 folders I created (where moved previous mail maybe 100 - 200 item) I believe?

also @Mrs-Polifax
I didn't realise your first name was emily, you are female?

Next actions could be reading over quotes have - in this thread about the two users suggestion for organizing deciding how deal with e-mails.
"
Q cue await reply?

STN

Cog wheel -> All Settings -> Inbox -> Uncheck all categories

I meant when processing your inbox - if a message has no action or no future value, delete instead of archive (that's how I prefer it)

That's a matter of preference of course - I unsubscribe if I'm not at all interested, but some newsletters I like to just keep an eye on...

Works for me! :)

Labels you put on an email message, corresponds to the "folders" in the left pane - they're all the same!

Not sure what you mean here, but I don't use notifications on email, I prefer to check my inbox whenever I feel like it. What I mean here is that some email programs give you the option of grouping emails by subject, like a chat thread - I don't like that...

"I meant when processing your inbox - if a message has no action or no future value, delete instead of archive (that's how I prefer it)"

Myself Tim right now feel as if I am in same thinking/boat - because I see that there - if you don't delete your only options end being:
1)pay for more Gmail storage
2) try to see if there's a way transfer e-mail messages out of G-mail (haven't figure is a way to do it, don't know if there's any other user on this website who knows about it)

"
That's a matter of preference of course - I unsubscribe if I'm not at all interested, but some newsletters I like to just keep an eye on...

"

"I'm not sure I like to "keep an eye" on certain newsletters - because of my health problem"
Since your e-mail has your attention but you are wondering whether completely processing your inbox to zero would be a good use of your current time and energy, perhaps “Process e-mail backlog” would be an excellent candidate for a Someday/Maybe project. As you are learning to implement GTD, you could focus instead on developing an effective system for processing new incoming inputs that arrive via e-mail and which are found in your most recent e-mail messages; these messages likely represent the majority of commitments still most relevant to your current life. When the habit of clarifying your e-mail to zero every 24-48 hours is established, then you can decide whether it is worthwhile to apply your new system to those older messages, breaking the project of processing many old e-mails into a series of manageable next actions (e.g., process 25 old e-mails OR process old e-mails for 15 minutes OR process e-mails from August 2023).

Meanwhile, you might move your older e-mails into a separate folder or label so they are not in your inbox anymore consuming everyday mental bandwidth. Most e-mail programs allow you to search for e-mails older than a specific date. (For example, in Gmail, you can enter “before:YYYY/MM/DD” into the search bar; search the Internet for directions specific to your e-mail service.) Give these older messages a meaningful label like “Backlog” or “Before DATE” or “Old E-mails” and archive them. Then make clearing your inbox of the more recent inputs that remain (within the last 30 or 60 or 90 days or whatever interval feels comfortable for you) one of your current projects.

For subscriptions you find you rarely open (newsletters, promotional materials, etc.), your options include:

1. Unsubscribe.

2. Commit to clarifying those messages alongside other new incoming e-mails in your inbox going forward (identify any next actions, then archive the message as reference or project support material or delete).

3. Filter those messages into a dedicated channel such that they bypass your main inbox. This is a form of “planned ignoring” for messages that often give you the option of taking an action but rarely truly require any action from you. You could make one folder or label that collects all such “Subscriptions/Newsletters” or route messages into separate folders/labels for smaller categories (Hobbies, Tech Tips, Personal Finance, Community Events, etc.) or even create dedicated labels/folders for “Newsletter A,” “Store B,” and “Organization C.” Then you can review the messages these filters collect more occasionally than the messages in your primary inbox without them clogging up your system. You may miss a chance to save 30% on something during a limited-time sale, but you will gain overall peace of mind! (Alternatively, if never missing a sale at Store X is important to you, don’t filter Store X’s messages out of your primary inbox.)

"
subscriptions you find you rarely open (newsletters, promotional materials, etc.), your options include:

1. Unsubscribe.

2. Commit to clarifying those messages alongside other new incoming e-mails in your inbox going forward (identify any next actions, then archive the message as reference or project support material or delete)."

user @Livtally writes about third step - which is more advanced using "filters" but i don't have knowledge how to apply this right now? But isn't that what I am suppose to do right now (when I see new e-mails come into my inbox- I should select them and then move them in right filter instead moving them all to "archive or all mail in gmail" ?

@Mrs-Polifax also interested in this? I wonder has she seen other writing/information's about this topic "keeping inbox to 0" or going through achieved messages (to sort from being mass transferred?).

Myself Tim thought maybe another user left type suggestions in this thread or somewhere else, but then couldn't find it looking now?"

Mrs-Polifax

Registered
Done 1

"backlog is still there "
I don't have a back log or are you referring to it as "all mail" in Gmail.

" backlog has a home of its own now"

" much easier now for you to process the email in your inbox down to zero each da" im not sure.

"his way, the focus is on getting control of your current email, which is more recent and may be more relevant, " - yes it could help other users trying do this for first time - for the first step to "archive " inbox completely - why isn't this shared anywhere? should I try make a post to help other people with this?

"I learned how to do this only recently, too. I did it, and I'm proud of myself. " how come? your using different e-mail provider than Gmail "I cannot give myself credit.

"may not yet know how to process your email inbox to zero" other users have written to myself suggestions, have two other users come to mind gave simple ideas.

"found a diagram online that may help entitled "" and I will try to upload it now. If it does not show up, you can find something similar in the updated GTD" I think I know what you are referring to - I have , have that a4 sheet printed off on paper in my room, I also think it is in the asana guide? STN I could teach you how to make is so JPEGS always upload?
Image result for GTD Workflow Processing and Organizing,
- this is what you were referring to?
@TimBourne

Yes, indeed! This is the PFD I liked so much. I'm glad you found it! When I uploaded it, it looked about the same as this one looks. The problem was that PDF I found and downloaded was large enough to be legible to me, but after I uploaded it here, the diagram became a lot smaller, and text in the diagram was no longer legible for me - about like the one you show here.

Do you have the version of this PDF that is large enough to be legible, so you can read it? If so, that is what I wanted to show you. I think this is a great map of the GTD clarifying and organizing process. I like the way this diagram guides me like a map does through the terrain of GTD. (However, sometimes I do feel like I'm reinventing the wheel and could use more guidance.)

By the way, how do you like using Asana?

@TimBourne

Yes, indeed! This is the PFD I liked so much. I'm glad you found it! When I uploaded it, it looked about the same as this one looks. The problem was that PDF I found and downloaded was large enough to be legible to me, but after I uploaded it here, the diagram became a lot smaller, and text in the diagram was no longer legible for me - about like the one you show here.

Do you have the version of this PDF that is large enough to be legible, so you can read it? If so, that is what I wanted to show you. I think this is a great map of the GTD clarifying and organizing process. I like the way this diagram guides me like a map does through the terrain of GTD. (However, sometimes I do feel like I'm reinventing the wheel and could use more guidance.)

By the way, how do you like using Asana?

ITM

scanned over your writing.

Yes - I wrote previously I have a4 version in my intray?

You had nothing else say about other posts - of myself writing things about the topic of organizing inbox (which also has new mail incoming) - im not sure i know how is best to do that and is that a problem.

"By the way, how do you like using Asana?" It's complicated - one of my tasks/project is going make a post like a summary of the GTD 10$ type guide " STN?

René Lie

Certified GTD Trainer
It's complicated - one of my tasks/project is going make a post like a summary of the GTD 10$ type guide
Hey Tim,

My suggestion is that instead of writing a summary, try to execute the steps from the guide - my assumption is that this would be a better usage of your time at this point.
I did it this way - read the instructions - do what they say - next step - and so fort...

Also keep in mind that this is a public forum and the guide is protected intellectual properly which is being sold, so it doesn't seem appropriate to share its content here...

Hey Tim,

My suggestion is that instead of writing a summary, try to execute the steps from the guide - my assumption is that this would be a better usage of your time at this point.
I did it this way - read the instructions - do what they say - next step - and so fort...

Also keep in mind that this is a public forum and the guide is protected intellectual properly which is being sold, so it doesn't seem appropriate to share its content here...

Yes I am in the process of trying to

I was meaning to write more "a testimonial or review of my experience trying use Asana "

I couldn't follow just reading once through"

I wouldn't be pasting the actual info in the guide " STN

Best wishes,

Emily Polifax

ITM you wrote above "You may not yet know how to process your email inbox to zero, so you may need to study more to learn how to do this. If so, it may be too soon now for you to start doing this, or you may want to practice it for awhile first. Take all the time you need."

This is what I feel like I need to do now?

-cite some options/references which have seen on how to process inbox keep it to zero

e.g. the GTD website PDFs come to mind

Asana guide
and other users advice/writing

- I could upload all the references in post below here, what do you think @Mrs-Polifax ?
"

STN