Alternative to Mavis Beacon's Typing?

moises

Registered
Hi,

David Allen recommends Mavis Beacon's typing course. I have an employee who needs to improve his typing skills.

The reviews I read state that the Mavis Beacon course has major compatibility issues with Windows XP. My employee's computer has XP. Anyone have any suggestions for software I can purchase to improve his typing?

Thanks

ceehjay

Registered
Typing Speed

moises said:
David Allen recommends Mavis Beacon's typing course. I have an employee who needs to improve his typing skills.

The reviews I read state that the Mavis Beacon course has major compatibility issues with Windows XP. My employee's computer has XP. Anyone have any suggestions for software I can purchase to improve his typing?
Jason Womack addressed this in a blog entry: Time doing what? He recommends an alternative to the Mavis Beacon software for building speed. There is also a free speed exercise/test at the site he mentions (TypingMaster).

Carolyn

severance1970

Registered
Another option is to get a copy of Typing and Keyboarding for Everyone (ISBN 0768908531), an Arco book with a copy of Typing Tutor 12 software enclosed. I just used the software without the book, and it got me over 70 wpm on a month.