• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Alternative to Mavis Beacon's Typing?

Hi,

David Allen recommends Mavis Beacon's typing course. I have an employee who needs to improve his typing skills.

The reviews I read state that the Mavis Beacon course has major compatibility issues with Windows XP. My employee's computer has XP. Anyone have any suggestions for software I can purchase to improve his typing?

Thanks
 
Typing Speed

moises said:
David Allen recommends Mavis Beacon's typing course. I have an employee who needs to improve his typing skills.

The reviews I read state that the Mavis Beacon course has major compatibility issues with Windows XP. My employee's computer has XP. Anyone have any suggestions for software I can purchase to improve his typing?
Jason Womack addressed this in a blog entry: Time doing what? He recommends an alternative to the Mavis Beacon software for building speed. There is also a free speed exercise/test at the site he mentions (TypingMaster).

Carolyn
 
Another option is to get a copy of Typing and Keyboarding for Everyone (ISBN 0768908531), an Arco book with a copy of Typing Tutor 12 software enclosed. I just used the software without the book, and it got me over 70 wpm on a month.
 
Top