• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Anyone ever heard of this???

  • Thread starter Thread starter mike zimmer
  • Start date Start date
M

mike zimmer

Guest
Hi folks,

I told my boss that I was learning the GTD system and that for my office I would begin using an A-Z filing system (we've never really organized our files yet!).

He said he'd rather me try a system called suspense tracking system STS or suspense log/tracking system (he couldn't remember which name was correct.)

Has anyone heard of these systems? If so where can I find out more info, and can it be integrated with GTD?

Thanks in advance for you help.
 
Mike,
I have often heard of tickler files also being called "suspense files." Could this be what was meant in this case?
 
suspense files

I think Frank is correct , I seem to recall Stephanie Winston and Brian Tracy both referring to tickler files by this name --bring forward file was another one.

If that's the case --you can tell your boss you'll be using a suspense file daily 8)

paul
 
STS

Just search on Google. You'll find all kinds of references to ridiculously complicated "suspense tracking" filing systems.
 
Suspense

I believe "suspense" means the same thing as "holding".
 
"Suspense" = either "tickler" or "d

The military services (among others) prefer the term suspense...technically, it's "suspense", but it often gets used as "deadline" as in "the suspense [date] for this next Thursday".
 
Top