Baroque Music Snippet on GTD Fast CD??

BigStory

Registered
Baroque Music on "Fast" CD's?

I am reviewing the CDs again, and once more interested in the classical piece that is repeated on the CD's. Has anyone figured this out yet....

Gordon

S

spectecGTD

I'm still sticking to Bach's Brandenburg Concerto # 3, but my feet aren't set in stone. (Many pieces sound very differently, depending upon who is playing and where). I can understand why others disagree, partly because we don't hear quite enough of it on the FAST CD.

If we ever get a definitive answer I hope it will be posted on this string.

BigStory

Registered
Bump Up...!

Perhaps I should clarify... I was interested in knowing the light classical piece they play in the transitions on the GTD Fast CD's. Not the piece David uses for illustration (I have it).

Thanks for any help....
Gordon

wcartmill

Registered
Confused?

Now I'm a little confused .. do you have/know the Baroque piece David uses during his weekly review? What is it?

(It's great how a post from so long ago can gain a new life on he forum)

Wm

S

SarahB

GTDFast Music

BigStory;58000 said:
Perhaps I should clarify... I was interested in knowing the light classical piece they play in the transitions on the GTD Fast CD's. Not the piece David uses for illustration (I have it).

Thanks for any help....
Gordon

We did research this question, but unfortunately were unable to determine the answer. Thank you for your interest!
Best wishes,
Sarah

flexiblefine

Registered
Recorder concertos

There was a suggestion earlier in this thread: "Concertos for Recorder - Telemann & Vivaldi". How many concerti you'll have to sort through, I have no idea.

So, for the Weekly Review example: BigStory, can you tell the rest of us what the piece is?

BigStory

Registered
Brandenburg Concerto #3

I am quite sure it is this piece. Here is a version from YouTube played at a quicker tempo than the piece on the GTD Fast CD's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq2WTXtKurk&feature=related

For those of you "just tuning in", David mentioned that he likes Baroque music, and that he has a special piece that he uses for his Weekly Review. In the seminar recorded on the GTD Fast CD set, he plays a clip of it for the audience. (There is also very nice piece of music played as a segue between sections of the lecture, which is what I was particularly looking for.

Best Wishes,
Gordon

validatelife

Registered
andersons;33704 said:
Digital format and playlists are the way to go! I have "Energizing" and "Relaxing" playlists.

A year ago before GTD, I'd say that's incredibly "nerdy or dorky", but my only reaction upon hearing it just now was AWESOME Idea! Why didn't I think of a differently classical musical energy-level playlist mix. Good one!

flexiblefine

Registered
BigStory;58053 said:
I am quite sure it is this piece. Here is a version from YouTube played at a quicker tempo than the piece on the GTD Fast CD's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq2WTXtKurk&feature=related
After listening to that, I too am quite sure that's the piece. My classical music collection is all later stuff, so I should definitely go Bach-hunting. Thank you!

I don't know if anyone at Nightingale-Conant could tell you what the other transitional/bumper music is.

bdavidson

Registered
Ten years later I’m perusing the forums again and I started a similar thread back in 2003, I think I have a satisfactory answer based on a review of the clues posted in this thread.

Vivaldi, Bassoon Concerto in F Major, RV 485: III. Allegro molto
Good sample on Amazon: http://a.co/d/5BA9Ia5

Just listened to the GTD Fast piece again and I’m convinced.

Closed that open loop!

Last edited: