Best app for GTD

Discussion in 'PUBLIC: Discuss Tools & Software for GTD' started by salilsurendran, Aug 5, 2018.

1. salilsurendran

salilsurendran Registered

I right now use Todoist for my GTD and it is quite difficult to getting it working the way I want it. Typically I would like to create a task and then create a list of sub-tasks under it and mark one of them as @next_action. Once I mark it done, I want the next one to automatically be marked as next_action. Are there any apps that does this? Another functionality that I would like is to group tasks by priority and be able to change it's priorities quickly

2. frodis20

frodis20 Registered

GTDnext will do this. However it is a "web app" and not an app on your phone. You would not have offline access.

3. mcogilvie

mcogilvie Registered

Um, knowing what platforms is crucial here. Omnifocus essentially do what you say you want, but right now it is Apple only, although a web version is planned.

I have to say, though, that you appear to be headed away from gtd best practices. Personally, I’ve found that both extensive planning of sequential actions and anything but a simple star to indicate priorities are drags on my system.

kelstarrising and John Forrister like this.
  4. Gnopps

Gnopps Registered

GTDNext, Skedpal, Mylifeorganized, Facilethings, NirvanaHQ and Zendone can all do this.