Charles Duhigg on the Science of Habits

Ravine61

GTD'R 4 Life
Late to the party on this one...but did want to weigh in on how wildly impactful "the power of habit" was for me...because there were so many parallels to how, when and why I was and was not utilizing the GTD Methodology. At the very core of GTD...it must become a "habit"...and for me..I had to break alot of bad habits to ensure GTD became the overarching Good Habit! Thank you John for the reminder to re-listen to this very powerful podcast, as David draws out some amazing pearls from Charles on his research and methodology. Then, ties it all back to GTD.

idealhuman

Registered
Thanks for sharing! I was reading David Allen's book about introducing habits, and I thought what he would say about it, but did not hear. After all, he said the right things, that after work you should not drink beer, but do something else to please yourself, for example, sit in a massage chair or make love with your wife. This is fun too, but it's not a bad habit.

MelanieWi1l

Registered
Thanks for sharing! I was reading David Allen's book about introducing habits, and I thought what he would say about it, but did not hear. After all, he said the right things, that after work you should not drink beer, but do something else to please yourself, for example, sit in a massage chair or make love with your wife. This is fun too, but it's not a bad habit.
I really liked this book
This book should be edited and republished every year. Life tools!
I found this book to be extremely explicit in every area. By the third chapter of the book, it is VERY CLEAR as to how habits can be implemented into creating better behaviors for entire cultures...all of them...everywhere around the world.

ckennedy

Registered
Loved this interview. It made me wonder how I might use this framework to more firmly establish the 2 minute rule as a habit. Any thoughts out there?