Custom project form available

V

vauha27

Do you need any help?

Mattias,

as you can see this thread is growing fast and many people are waiting for the next "version". Is there any kind of support which could be useful for you?

Volker

A

aragorn121

Runtime Error

Great work on the form! Unfortunately, every time I try and open a Project I get a runtime error. When I debug it, the problem is on line 240, which says "Set objApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")".
I've tried reinstalling the add-in but it does the same thing every time. Also, the dropdowns for Master Project and Dependent Project stay empty even when I've entered master projects. Help! Do you know what I can do to fix this? I really want to use the custom form!!!

D

djblois

Any status update?

Bollinger,

No pressure but do you have a status update with the Custom Project form version 2. With your Custom Project form and the binocular from Bill Kratz, the add on becomes a powerful project management tool. You two should talk and get these two tools to work with each other seemlessly and also to netcentrics and get them added into the program.

Thank you,
Daniel

P.S. Keep up the great work.

JaFi

Registered
New feature suggestions

I've installed the GTD-Template form and it's really great!

A couple of requests/suggestions
1. It would be great to link this with the GTD_Police macro so next actions are automatically created when the current one is marked complete as implemented in the macro here: http://gtdsupport.netcentrics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=514
(I tried to do this myself by changing the code as described in this thread:
http://gtdsupport.netcentrics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=436 this and now the GTD_Police macro won't work at all :( so I've got figure that out.)

2. Adding a space for tracking metrics
I've been putting them in with the outcome/goals but it'd be nice to separate them out to see at a quick glance if I'm meeting them or am in the weeds :)

I've also been listing supporting projects under the reference/document area when it's a master project. I guess you could list all the subprojects in the future actions list and then create them as projects as needed.

The difficulty is several subprojects can be worked in parallel. Maybe if it were possible to link to subprojects from a master project?

Full disclosure: Implementing this form and the macros is the first time I've played with Visual Basic and forms so I'm a rank beginner.

--jf

B

benjy_green

Difficulty adding Master Projects

Hi
I don't seem able to add Master Projects - I follow your instructions but they don't appear in the MP dropdown box in the project form

Any ideas?
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for a great addition to the GTD add-in
cheers
Ben

J

jim_chandonia@doh.state.f

Runtime Error

I'm also getting a runtime error on loading the form. My debugger says the error is at Line 245. If I cancel the debugger the form will open. I don't know if MP works yet, haven't read all the threads to learn how to use it.

The error only occurs on my desktop PC with the GTD Add-in. I have re-installed the add-in to no avail. I don't get the error on my tablet which doesn't have the GTD Add-in. Both machines are running XP Pro.

joeycan

Registered
You have to name the Master Project like this "$MP: Project Name"
(no quotes "")

This way it will display in the dropdown lis.

C

charles7a

I started having problems with this excellent form. When I open projects I get a "One or more items in the folder you synchronized do not match. To Resolve the conflicts, open the items, and then try this operation again." error. It occurs on both by desktop and laptop pc when accessing my exchange mailbox. For a test, I tried it on my laptop with my personal email account (and personal folder) and the form still works.

It is just my Exchange mailbox the form is giving me the error! Any one have any ideas? I have re-installed the add-in, re-installed (and repaired) outlook, re-created my profile, re-installed the custom form, and etcettera. I have removed my offline folders as a test. No luck with anything!

I can switch back to the standard form and everything is okay. The script reports the error. If you exit the debugger, the custom form opens, but does not show all of the text in such areas as possible next actions.

C

charles7a

Fiona, How did you find the conflict?

Finona:
If you are still out there, how did you resolve the conflict that was causing the "synchronization" error your were getting. I am getting the same error!
Thanks!
Charles

peter_g

Registered
Add-In v2.1 and the Project Form seem OK...

leftistelf said:
thanks! wonder if it does support the new release...

I have installed v2.1 of the Outlook Add-in, plus am running this custom project form, plus the "GTD-Police" add-in (also available on this forum), and they all seem to peacefully co-exist...knock wood!

Regards,
Peter

twilhite

Registered
GTD Ploice macro

I recently purchased the GTD addin. I have seen numerous reference to the GTD Police macro, but I have not found any place to download it. Is it still available?

-t

joeycan

Registered
Update Form

Hi all,

Just a quick question is it possible to update the form, so it will use the Project and Subproject fields from the updated add-in.

Any instructions on how to do this would be appreciated.

Cheers

joey

Bollinger

Registered
joeycan said:
Hi all,

Just a quick question is it possible to update the form, so it will use the Project and Subproject fields from the updated add-in.

Any instructions on how to do this would be appreciated.

Cheers

joey

Subprojects in the new add-in is not represented by an Outlook Task as the regular projects. This is a limitation, because you cannot use the custom form to enter information about the subproject.

Instead, you can use the custom form to create and edit Projects and Master Projects and use the new subprojects feature for a better overview in your custom task views.

Regards
Mattias

joeycan

Registered
Mattias,

Thanks for the quick reply, I guess I got ahead of myself I had just installed the update, and was looking over the new features. I never realised the sub-projects were a non-task until, I started playing with it today.

So I guess this means that if I continue using the Master Project feature like I have in the Custom Form. I would need to enter in all subprojects manually in the add-in to get the views?

dsteinschneider

Registered
GTD 2.1.33 - Is that related to this problem

I'm hoping Mattias or another knowledgeable Outlook user can help me with a form related problem - I believe I have everything installed correctly.

Install Chronology:
I first looked at the original GTD-Template after installing the GTD Add-in trial. I then removed the original template and put in Version 2. It was working fine but then my trial for the GTD Add-in ran out and when I bought the add-in I got a slightly newer version 2.1.33.

Problem:
My problem now is that form doesn't open when I open a project I created while running the trial GTD Add-in. If I open the project task and then choose Form>Run This Form the GTD-Template opens and seems to work except it prompts me to save and when I do I get a duplicate of the project task. I haven't really gotten started with this so I'm willing to erase everything I have to start over if that makes it easier to fix this.

Nice work on the form - BTW I'm working on some crystal reports to pull out a report of future next actions.

Thanks,

Doug

G

gliptak

Would it be possible to make this available as frm/bas/etc. instead of the fdm composite file (the fdm does not seem to work with Outlook 2002)? Thanks

dsteinschneider

Registered
How do you manually assign the gtd form to a task?

I've got my gtd forms running again - is there a way to manually assign the form to a task?

S

skywalker

Help me out

Since I installed the GTD-template, it has worked perfectly. But last night I could not open the projects I've created. I reinstalled the template but still couldn't fix the problem. Can anyone help me out? FYI, I don't have GTD-add-in installed.

Thanks

pertuset

Registered
how to uninstall?

Can anyone tell me how to uninstall? The form works great, but I'm trying to simplify.

Thanks,
Jenni