Custom project form available

U

Unregistered

New Custom Form

I have installed the new project form and it seems to work fine. I think it could help me be more effective in my organizing and planning.

The only problem I have, is that when I go to open the newly created project form, it is very slow to open. I seems to take 10 - 15 seconds before the form opens. Is this normal? If not, how can I correct it.

Thanks for your help
Dennis

U

Unregistered

I want to use your form but am unable to get it loaded. I have downloaded it and unzipped it. When I go to Tools/options/Other/advanced options, I do not have a Custom forms. Is there another way to to this or have I missed something. I am using Outlook 2003.Would appreciate any help. thanks

U

Unregistered

Unregistered said:
I have installed the new project form and it seems to work fine. I think it could help me be more effective in my organizing and planning.

The only problem I have, is that when I go to open the newly created project form, it is very slow to open. I seems to take 10 - 15 seconds before the form opens. Is this normal? If not, how can I correct it.

Thanks for your help
Dennis

Mine takes about 5 seconds to open... I think 'normal' depends on how much data the form has to search through.

There is supposed to be a new version soon that uses caching to speed things up.

Kat

Registered
Need Help please

Below is my message from last week, I was not signed in when I posted it. I am still very interested in using this form, so if anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it. I have done some research and I think the Forms manager is not loaded for my outlook. I do not know how to get this loaded so I can see the Custom forms button. Any information would be great. Thanks

I want to use your form but am unable to get it loaded. I have downloaded it and unzipped it. When I go to Tools/options/Other/advanced options, I do not have a Custom forms. Is there another way to to this or have I missed something. I am using Outlook 2003.Would appreciate any help. thanks

S

striderq

No new form shows

Hello,
Thanks in advance for all of your support. I've reinstalled the GTD add-in, reinstalled SP2, went through your instructions step by step (three times) and still get nothing. I'm running Outlook 2003 and my tasks folder is under my Exchange mailbox. I've tried it connected to the server and offline. I do not see the new form either in the drop down list of projects or in the manage projects / add feature.

The form is installed under my personal forms section and the task/properties is set to use the form.

This form is the missing link in managing projects! I'd really appreciate your help.

Kat

Registered
Still Need help

Strderq, I also need help, but am getting no information. I posted yesterday, that I do not have the Custom forms buttom, to even try to add the form. Do know anything about that. This is my home pc and I am not connected to a Microsoft exchange server, is that something I need in order to load this form. Also, you said you installed SP2, I assume that is service pack 2, when I go to the web site I only see SP1. Can you point me to that SP2. Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks

D

Dennis

Any possibility of being able to install this on a Mac using Entourage? :-( Any help is appreciated!

J

jrj102

Entourage

Any possibility of being able to install this on a Mac using Entourage?

Although I'm quite sure that the form will not work with Entourage, it MIGHT (HIGHLY unlikely) be able to be used with the previous version of Outlook for MacOS.

Worth a shot if you're desperate.

However, I think that the Project Center functionality in Entourage is excellent.

Kat

Registered
Custom Forms

After much research, it appears that the Custom form button is part of the Manage forms and apparently requires Microsoft Exchange. I was trying to install the form on my home pc and I do not use microsoft exchange. So, does anyone know if this form will work without ms Exchange. If so, do you know how to install it. Thanks

Q

Quill

"Disable/Enable" macros message

I had the form up and running really well yesterday, but today I am getting a dialogue box when I open a project that asks me to "enable/disable macros." The box comes up once for each project I have created.

The text of it says: "The form for this item has not been registered in this folder or in your company's forms library. Because this item contains macrso, whic could contain a virus harmful to your computer, you may not want ot run the macros. If you are sure this item is from a trusted source, click 'Enable macros'. Otherwise, click 'Disable Macros."

I have tried reinstalling the form, restarting Outlook, rebooting...
Any advice?
Thanks,
Quill

P

Pete

Locking Up, but was working fine.

I installed and was running well. I played with data on one of the forms (at project level) and it worked. Then I tried to open again and the form locks up Outlook with form starting to open, but will not complete the open process. I reinstalled Add-In and Form, but no changes/improvment.
Any ideas what I have done wrong or what to look for? Thanks and the tool looks great.

tonester

Registered
Hi Kat

I use Outlook 2003 as a standalone and was able to install the project form without any problem. I don't think you need exchange.

Regards,
Tony

Bollinger

Registered
Kat said:
Below is my message from last week, I was not signed in when I posted it. I am still very interested in using this form, so if anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it. I have done some research and I think the Forms manager is not loaded for my outlook. I do not know how to get this loaded so I can see the Custom forms button. Any information would be great. Thanks

If you are using Outlook in Internet Mail Only(IMO) mode, then you do
not have an Advanced Tab there. In fact, you have no forms manager
anywhere. The work around is to switch to "Corporate or Workgroup" mode. This presumes you have the CD for Outlook.

Regards
Mattias

Bollinger

Registered
striderq said:
Hello,
Thanks in advance for all of your support. I've reinstalled the GTD add-in, reinstalled SP2, went through your instructions step by step (three times) and still get nothing. I'm running Outlook 2003 and my tasks folder is under my Exchange mailbox. I've tried it connected to the server and offline. I do not see the new form either in the drop down list of projects or in the manage projects / add feature.

The form is installed under my personal forms section and the task/properties is set to use the form.

This form is the missing link in managing projects! I'd really appreciate your help.

When you're in the task view customized to use the new form, do you see the entry "GTD Template" on the "Action"-menu?

If not, the form is not installed correctly.

Regards
Mattias

Bollinger

Registered
Quill said:
I had the form up and running really well yesterday, but today I am getting a dialogue box when I open a project that asks me to "enable/disable macros." The box comes up once for each project I have created.

The text of it says: "The form for this item has not been registered in this folder or in your company's forms library. Because this item contains macrso, whic could contain a virus harmful to your computer, you may not want ot run the macros. If you are sure this item is from a trusted source, click 'Enable macros'. Otherwise, click 'Disable Macros."

I have tried reinstalling the form, restarting Outlook, rebooting...
Any advice?
Thanks,
Quill

Sounds like an installation issue. Have you published the form in the correct way? Are you connected to MS Exchange Server? Is the task folder in Public Folders?

Some info regarding the problem:
(from outlookcode.com)

***QUOTE***
If the form or template has Visual Basic Script (VBScript) code behind it and if you store the form as an .oft template file or an Outlook item, instead of publishing the form, users of Outlook 97, Outlook 98, and Outlook 2000 (pre-SP2) will see an Enable/Disable Macros dialog box each time they use the template or item. This dialog box doesn't appear for published forms. Outlook assumes that, when you publish a form, you know that the content is safe to run.

In Outlook 2000 SP2 and later versions, the users gets no enable/disable macros prompt, and code simply does not run. In Outlook 2002 SP3 and 2003, users may get an error message when a form tries to load an ActiveX control.

If code on a received message or saved item doesn't run or if users see the Enable/Disable Macros prompt for a published form, it means that the form is "one-offed," in other words that the form definition is now saved with the item, rather than the item using a published form. Other symptoms for one-off form items are an increase in the size of the item and loss of the custom icon for the item.
***END QUOTE****

Regards
Mattias

S

striderq

Bollinger said:
When you're in the task view customized to use the new form, do you see the entry "GTD Template" on the "Action"-menu?

If not, the form is not installed correctly.

Regards
Mattias

Yes - the "GTD Template" is in the action drop down menu when I am in the task view. However, nothing has changed. At what point in the creation of a new project should your form appear? I still get a small window after selecting "new project" from the drop down project lists in a new task. I enter a project name..i.e "test", and nothing changes.

Bollinger

Registered
striderq said:
Yes - the "GTD Template" is in the action drop down menu when I am in the task view. However, nothing has changed. At what point in the creation of a new project should your form appear? I still get a small window after selecting "new project" from the drop down project lists in a new task. I enter a project name..i.e "test", and nothing changes.

Each project created in the GTD-addin is represented by a standard Outlook Task. The only thing that's different is a number of custom fields in the form (not visible). My form is built on the same principle. When you open a "project task" my form takes over and adds some more fields to the standard task form.

So, for you to use this, create a new project "the correct way" like you did in your previous post. Then open the task view in outlook listing all you project tasks and open them by dbl-click. Then, if you followed the install directions on my first post, the custom form should show up.

Regards
Mattias

D

djblois

Mattias,

I love your form but I was wondering if you have an update on the new version. Not trying to pressure you.

Thank you,
Daniel

H

HBI

I have an additional problem Mattias. It was working fine but I now get the error message that says that some objects are not loaded because they are potential harmfull!? I had to re-install the GTD-addin. All project created befor the re-install give me this messag. Projects created after the re-install are ok.

Any idea what might be the problem and how I can fix this?

Thanks,
Haico

S

striderq

Bollinger said:
Each project created in the GTD-addin is represented by a standard Outlook Task. The only thing that's different is a number of custom fields in the form (not visible). My form is built on the same principle. When you open a "project task" my form takes over and adds some more fields to the standard task form.

So, for you to use this, create a new project "the correct way" like you did in your previous post. Then open the task view in outlook listing all you project tasks and open them by dbl-click. Then, if you followed the install directions on my first post, the custom form should show up.

Regards
Mattias

I now see where I was confused. I view my tasks by the "Active Tasks By Action (GTD)" view. I was expecting that after I create a new project, your form would immediately pop up. Now I see that I need to go to the Project (showing as a group unto itself in the same view) AFTER creating it the normal way and your form shows up. Thanks again for all the support.

BTW - Have you contacted the Netcentrics folks (GTD for Outlook developers)? I really think this or something very much like this should be in the next release.