David Allen and the Kindle

sdann

Registered
Not that I'm defending Amazon, but electronic importing and exporting is complex. One has to meet government standards, country distributorship and retail regulations etc. Prime examples are DVD systems and computer software. Amazon is the ultimate capitalist and I can see them working hard at making the Kindle available in Europe and elsewhere.

TesTeq

Registered
Thank you. E-books, audiobooks, songs.

John Forrister said:
Also, I enjoyed your kind(le) pun. If you're doing that in English, I can only imagine what you do in Polish!

Oh, thank you very much, John. I am just doing my best. :)

sdann said:
Not that I'm defending Amazon, but electronic importing and exporting is complex. One has to meet government standards, country distributorship and retail regulations etc.

Some people say that 10% of people never steal, 10% of people always steal, and the rest behaves depending on the circumstances.

Some people say that we have huge piracy in Poland. So Amazon, iTunes, and similar services are not present here.

The question is:

There are many people who do not want to steal. They want to buy e-books, audiobooks and songs. Why aren't they allowed to do it?

Doesn't this policy support piracy?

sdann

Registered
I have to say that I don't know specifics about electronic equipment import and export laws, although I have taken many trade seminars for my business which exports much to European academic and research libraries. I know that German libraries, for example, have to follow more complex electronic document laws than the US.

I agree with you about the strictness of the policies leading to piracy concerns. I am both American and German, but I had never heard that about Poland.