• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Does Anyone Use a Spreadsheet for their Project List(s)?

I am not ... but it has been done before. I mention it when I'm teach GTD at work. But my example is super simple and hasn't been used other than notionally.
 
If I have a big Project I am collaborating witho thers in, I sumetimes use Spreadsheets to organize the subprojects and next actions in a GTD-like manner (without them knowing... ;)). In these cases I sometimes just have a placeholder in my system under the general project entry, but the subprojects and next actions are not in my system. Of course I have to use this rarely and be careful about not branching out of my system too much.
 
Hey there, so for my main projects list, I use a tag in OmniFocus.

However for team and client projects, we sometimes will use a tab in a spreadsheet with the desired outcome and next actions listed out in cell format.
 
I experimented with using a spreadsheet for actions, with the project as a column of the action. I stopped using it for some reason, but it wasn't so bad as to not be worth trying. I think there's a post here, somewhere, with how I set it up.
 
I am not ... but it has been done before. I mention it when I'm teach GTD at work. But my example is super simple and hasn't been used other than notionally.
If I have a big Project I am collaborating witho thers in, I sumetimes use Spreadsheets to organize the subprojects and next actions in a GTD-like manner (without them knowing... ;)). In these cases I sometimes just have a placeholder in my system under the general project entry, but the subprojects and next actions are not in my system. Of course I have to use this rarely and be careful about not branching out of my system too much.
Thank you . . . still working on an operable platform. Thank you.
 
I experimented with using a spreadsheet for actions, with the project as a column of the action. I stopped using it for some reason, but it wasn't so bad as to not be worth trying. I think there's a post here, somewhere, with how I set it up.
Thank you . . . still working on an operable platform. Thank you.
 
Top