Forum software upgrade

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Would you like to beta test the forum upgrade? If so, here is the URL.
http://forum.gettingthingsdone.com/

There are a couple of things to keep in mind. It's a test installation on our server, with data copied two weeks ago, so you won't see more recent posts. Your existing login will work. We don't have an SSL certificate for that test subdomain, which means your browser will probably give you a security warning. You'll likely need to click to add an exception. How that is done varies by browser. If your browser doesn't make it obvious how to add the exception, you can search on "how to add exception in ___" and fill in your browser.

If you find any bugs, you can post about them there, or here, or email connect at davidco.com.

Thanks for any amount of exploring you do.

Padre C

Registered
The new forum software looks much cleaner. I also find it easier to navigate. I didn't really try to post anything just poke around a bit.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Whew! Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad it's all looking good and working well. As always, please feel free to post or email about bugs.

One major improvement is that this upgrade allows us to significantly cut the spam. Now that we've upgraded the Xenforo software, we can add some anti-spam enhancements. Beginning this week, spammers will either be thwarted before they post, or will need to (this is highly unlikely) demonstrate knowledge of GTD in order to post. And even if they learn GTD, we will still be monitoring to delete their spam within hours.

TesTeq

Registered
Beginning this week, spammers will either be thwarted before they post, or will need to (this is highly unlikely) demonstrate knowledge of GTD in order to post. And even if they learn GTD, we will still be monitoring to delete their spam within hours.
Spammers learning GTD? What a win-win solution! ;-)