GTD in Australia

feemac

Registered
Hi all, just a short note to any Australians doing GTD. We've got an online hangout on google where we do our weekly reviews together and a face to face study group in Sydney on GTD topics that interest us through meetup.com. Feel free to me message me on the forums here if you are interested! Best wishes, Fiona

Murray

Registered
Hi Fiona,

I don't suppose the online hangout is still meeting, 5 years after your post?? Would love to get involved in something like this. I'm in Brisbane.

Zaneta

Registered
Ditto, I'm in Newcastle. would be great to connect with like minded in time zones closer to mine :)

If feemac isn't still running her one, I'm happy to set up a meeting place.

Murray

Registered
I'm still keen for some kind of group based in Australia/NZ time zones. I'm open to different methods of connecting (eg email, messaging, video chat, video messaging etc.)

I'm also open to different visions of what to focus on, ie: is it a weekly review group or does it meet less frequently to begin with, and focus on a particular aspect of GTD for discussion and practice? Or just an open space for discussion like the GTD Connect "office hours" group events.

Murray

Registered
I've PM'd Fiona, Zaneta and Adam from this thread to ask them to reply here if they're still interested. I also PM'd a bunch of folks from a much older 'Australia' thread.

Last edited:

Murray

Registered
I would suggest monthly or fortnightly meetups to begin with. Here is my availability, in order of preference:

1. Saturday morning any time (available 3 weeks each month)

2. Monday or Tuesday evenings between 4:30pm and 7:30pm

3. Thursday evenings between 5 and 7:30pm

3. Sunday evenings 6-7pm

benjamin

Registered
Im interested, but my life only faintly resembles the message that someone replied to (from all of 12 years ago).

Im interested in any of a weekly review accountability group, a place to chat about how to improve how to do 5 workflow stages, things people have found to improve their practice. Saturday mornings generally work well for me too. (but not too early - 9ish is much more preferable to 6ish).

Zaneta

Registered
Gosh, I totally forgot this thread ever existed. Though life did get a bit unexpected and crazy around that time. OK maybe it still is.

I would be interested. Thanks @Murray for the nudge.

All the times @Murray mentioned work for me, except the last Thursday of the month. And I'm in total agreeance with @benjamin that 6am only exists if people want to see me in my PJs.

I have some somewhat regular commitments on the weekends, mowing my Mums lawns, so very often weather dependent on which day it will happen and will take me out the whole day light hours. so not easy to plan around since I often don't decide till Friday night, though I like to try to get there at least once a fortnight.

greeno

Registered
Wow, blast from the past. The GTD Sydney Meet Up was great. Could be interesting to transition things online. Count me in.

Hello I would be interested in joining a group to see what would be of most help to us all. We could work that out in the early sessions as we share where we are at in our practice.

Of Murray's time suggestions, this one would be my preference:
Tuesday evenings between 4:30pm and 7:30pm

I am thinking 1 hour. Is that what you had in mind Murray?

Murray

Registered
Im interested, but my life only faintly resembles the message that someone replied to (from all of 12 years ago).

Im interested in any of a weekly review accountability group, a place to chat about how to improve how to do 5 workflow stages, things people have found to improve their practice. Saturday mornings generally work well for me too. (but not too early - 9ish is much more preferable to 6ish).
Hi Benjamin, I'm glad you got my message and made it here to the new thread!

Thanks for specifying what you might like to see the group focus on and that you can do Saturday mornings. Could you also let us know specifically whether Tuesday evenings (some time between 4:30 and 7:30) are possible for you? Just because we had another person mention that as their top option. If not, I am wondering about alternating between Saturday mornings and Tuesday evenings.

Murray

Registered
I also know some people who are not in GTD Connect who might like to join.
What medium do you prefer to use Murray? Zoom? MS Teams?
Hi Annette, that's great if you invite others. I would say it's open to anyone who has read the book or done a course or had some basic introduction like that. Probably not suitable for total beginners who are just curious and hoping to have everything explained from scratch. Speaking for myself, that would not meet my needs for mutual support and would be a different type of group.

I'm pretty open to different technical platforms - zoom, MS teams, facebook messenger video, google meet, etc. Unless one of us has a paid zoom account I think the time limit would be 40 minutes. An hour sounds like what we'd aim for, possibly with the option of some folks staying later if they wish.

Murray

Registered
Of Murray's time suggestions, this one would be my preference:
Tuesday evenings between 4:30pm and 7:30pm
Hi Annette, thanks for letting us know your time preference. Can I check, would Saturday morning also be possible for you? Another person has specified that as their top option. If not, I am thinking we could alternate between Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings.

Murray

Registered
Wow, blast from the past. The GTD Sydney Meet Up was great. Could be interesting to transition things online. Count me in.
Great to have you here! It looks like Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings are the favoured options so far. Do either of those work for you? If not, when would you be available?