GTD Setup in Notion That Looks A Bit Like OmniFocus

Jakob Eng

Registered
I would love to talk with others who have build elaborate GTD setups. My setup has grown to try to manage everything I want to do something about and optimize processes that happen on a recurring basis in Notion.

If you have not heard about notion before then it is an application that is built with the intention for people to be able to build their own software without coding. This makes it extremely flexible which is both its strength and weakness. You can build whatever you want but you have to build it before you can use it. Aka it has a learning curve.

So today I tried to make a simple setup in Notion that only focuses on GTD aspects. I can imagine how this could be a public resource for people doing GTD to get started with Notion. When I built it I just looked at how OmniFocus named and structured the information and made this setup match that. It is just the first version and your feedback could help improve it. Hope you like it.

Jakob Eng

Registered
Love this! Thanks for sharing, I'm a newbie to Notion but really enjoying it so far.
Thank you. I love notion too, I recently found a way to import all my bank transactions so I can now mange my finances in Notion as well. Good luck on your GTD & Notion journey:)

Xavier BOEMARE

Registered
I would love to talk with others who have build elaborate GTD setups. My setup has grown to try to manage everything I want to do something about and optimize processes that happen on a recurring basis in Notion.

If you have not heard about notion before then it is an application that is built with the intention for people to be able to build their own software without coding. This makes it extremely flexible which is both its strength and weakness. You can build whatever you want but you have to build it before you can use it. Aka it has a learning curve.

So today I tried to make a simple setup in Notion that only focuses on GTD aspects. I can imagine how this could be a public resource for people doing GTD to get started with Notion. When I built it I just looked at how OmniFocus named and structured the information and made this setup match that. It is just the first version and your feedback could help improve it. Hope you like it.
Hi,
I think Notion has a GTD template available, you might want to check it out.
I used Notion as my "second brain" for a while, but after a while got scared by the fact that the data are not stored in my computer, and the possibility to lose everything. Also, Notion is free, but will it stay that way ? I switched to Obsidian.
But Notion is definitively nice, have fun !

PS : you might want to check Craft (Craft.do), not yet at the level of Notion, but evolving fast, and the look is a bit more "actual".