GTD Tune-up Time

georgemixon

Registered
Started my annual GTD Tune-up today. Need to get my GTD system back on track and current. I am using a "Mastering Workflow" training manual I received at a David Allen Training Seminar a few years ago in Atlanta. Time to get GTD'ing.

Oogiem

Registered
Started my annual GTD Tune-up today. Need to get my GTD system back on track and current.
I started my quarterly review yesterday too. I end up doing things by seasons so for me the euinoxes and solstices are the times for a major review. This time around I'm looking at making some changes to my system to account for what I believe will be permanent changs in how we need to deal with the world and life due to COVID-19. I usually do my very long in-depth yearly review at the winter solstice but it feels like I need to do it this quarter so I will.

That's one benefit of GTD, I feel a need tolook more closely at my systems and procedures and GTD gives me a great framework to do that.

Last edited:

georgemixon

Registered
Thanks for the comment....the world has changed, for the time being at least...GTD flexibility is a true positive for the system...

Christian_A_UK

Chief Operating Officer, UK Based
Another period of "work from home if you can" in the UK has afforded me the chance to revisit & tune-up also. Making the most of the opportunity to attend less physical meetings!

Ger80C

Registered
Started my annual GTD Tune-up today. Need to get my GTD system back on track and current. I am using a "Mastering Workflow" training manual I received at a David Allen Training Seminar a few years ago in Atlanta. Time to get GTD'ing.

Great Idea to implement a "yearly tune-up"! How did it go so far?

rmjb

Registered
What would a quarterly or annual review have extra over a weekly review? Reassessment and realignment of the higher horizons?

Oogiem

Registered
What would a quarterly or annual review have extra over a weekly review? Reassessment and realignment of the higher horizons?
I'm a farmer. There are things that can only be done in the natural season so quarterly gives me a chance to reset my GTD system for the next season. I can't do the same things in Oct-Dec that I do in April-June.

I like long lists but I still don't want to see the project plan sheep breeding pens and mating plans in April when I'm elbow deep in lambs. I want tosee that in October when I'm getting ready to put rams in with the ewes. Irrigation season runs from March through October. I don't need to see the details of setting it up except in the first quarter, I don't need to know about althe tricks to shutting it down untl October.

So while I do a review of hier level horizons the biggest benefit is the reset for what's possible to do now out of the several thousand projects I want or need to do and the structure of stopping on projects that cannot be worked on anymore. You canb't easily pour concrete in the winter, so any concrete work or reapirs have to be done in mid summer and so on.