Help! Touch typing software?

jmcorey

Registered
Hi All,

After reading the GTD book more, I was convicted of my need to inprove my typing skills. I watched my new department chairman type in his internet password without looking at the keyboard. I thought, "Wow, if I could do that, my life would go so much faster."

For example, I hit the backspace key at least 20 times typing this.

Help!

Thanks!!!

jOE (See what I mnean???)

J

jmarkey

Fortunately, I learned how to type without looking at the keyboard in highschool. I can definitely sympathize with your plight, though, because I could certainly make more use of keyboard and other shortcuts. You might want to take a look at the following web site:

http://www.mavisbeacon.com/

ceehjay

Registered
Typing Software

Jason wrote about typing software in his blog:
Time doing what?

There is a free on-line test/exercise at TypingMaster so you can check your speed. Sometimes when I get too bound up in work, I go there just to do the test a time or two. Somehow, focusing on that test releases some of the work stress, and I can go back to my task with a freed-up mind.

Carolyn

A

Anonymous

Mavis Beacon

I used Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing when I was a kid, and it is an amazing program. I got such a kick out of it when David mentioned it (was that in his book or on the CD?). I would highly recommend checking it out if you want to increase your typing speed.

Chariot

Registered
Re: Mavis Beacon

ameasha said:
I used Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing when I was a kid, and it is an amazing program. I got such a kick out of it when David mentioned it (was that in his book or on the CD?). I would highly recommend checking it out if you want to increase your typing speed.
I agree.

Ten years ago, Mavis Beacon was perfect.

Now, I assume it must be even better. :)