• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Help! Touch typing software?

Hi All,

After reading the GTD book more, I was convicted of my need to inprove my typing skills. I watched my new department chairman type in his internet password without looking at the keyboard. I thought, "Wow, if I could do that, my life would go so much faster."

For example, I hit the backspace key at least 20 times typing this.

Help!

Thanks!!!

jOE (See what I mnean???)
 
Fortunately, I learned how to type without looking at the keyboard in highschool. I can definitely sympathize with your plight, though, because I could certainly make more use of keyboard and other shortcuts. You might want to take a look at the following web site:

http://www.mavisbeacon.com/
 
Typing Software

Jason wrote about typing software in his blog:
Time doing what?

There is a free on-line test/exercise at TypingMaster so you can check your speed. Sometimes when I get too bound up in work, I go there just to do the test a time or two. Somehow, focusing on that test releases some of the work stress, and I can go back to my task with a freed-up mind.

Carolyn
 
Mavis Beacon

I used Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing when I was a kid, and it is an amazing program. I got such a kick out of it when David mentioned it (was that in his book or on the CD?). I would highly recommend checking it out if you want to increase your typing speed.
 
Re: Mavis Beacon

ameasha said:
I used Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing when I was a kid, and it is an amazing program. I got such a kick out of it when David mentioned it (was that in his book or on the CD?). I would highly recommend checking it out if you want to increase your typing speed.
I agree.

Ten years ago, Mavis Beacon was perfect.

Now, I assume it must be even better. :)
 
Top