How do I stop feeling stressed if there is something to be done?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC: Discuss the GTD Methodology' started by Travello, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Renee Murray

Renee Murray Registered

Program manager
    I have a quote from David on my office wall. It says, "You have more to do than you can possibly do. You just need to feel good about your choices."

I remember when I first read it. It was so affirming to realize it wasn't ever going to get it ALL done.

The review is key. Acceptance of the fact that there's just too much is also key.

petdr and TesTeq like this.
  2. Jackie Roemer

Jackie Roemer Registered

I'll tell you what I do; I keep a notebook, on me at all times and write down every darn thing coming into my mind. Trust me, I highlight things. Mark it up. Go back to the GTD book or audio (finished it on slow speed) to see where in the system what I wrote down Fits. That's where I was in 2013 when I started using this system. And even now, I just discovered 1} my lists were not really @context But normal confusing To Do lists. and 2} Big Deal things that stressed me a lot were actually Projects.

So I'm on here today, exploring what people are saying about Projects. Allen did say you have to know the Present. What's really happening to know what to do. That was/ still is really hard for me. Repetition is the only way I know to fix that. Don't give up.

3. Rostane

Rostane Registered

I've been overthinking a lot of tasks, saying that they would take weeks to get done... When most of them took a couple of hours, a couple of minutes or were not worth doing at all !
    The best thing, in my opinion, is to jump right through it! Start doing the task, maybe use Pomodoro method, work for 20/30 minutes then rest.
    You'll be happy your started and there's a big chance you'll finish it and be less stressed about the process for next time.