• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

how to inbox zero with Todo.txt?

GTDUser

Registered
Todo txt can filter items by context, projects, etc but there is no way to filter by unprocessed items. I can automatically add an "inbox" tag when capturing items, then manually remove the tag after processing.

I can't think of another solution. How would you do it?
 
Not really an answer to your initial question, but you might also want to look at the [x]it! plain text file format. It's very similar to todo.txt, but I find it a bit cleaner and easier to organize around status and projects. Tags can have different values assigned to them. I also like that you can add a separate description area to each item for additional task notes.
@mickdodge Interesting! You've got all [x]it! features (and more) in TaskPaper application for Mac.
 
Top