how to inbox zero with Todo.txt?

GTDUser

Registered
Todo txt can filter items by context, projects, etc but there is no way to filter by unprocessed items. I can automatically add an "inbox" tag when capturing items, then manually remove the tag after processing.

I can't think of another solution. How would you do it?

mickdodge

Registered
Not really an answer to your initial question, but you might also want to look at the [x]it! plain text file format. It's very similar to todo.txt, but I find it a bit cleaner and easier to organize around status and projects. Tags can have different values assigned to them. I also like that you can add a separate description area to each item for additional task notes.

TesTeq

Registered
Not really an answer to your initial question, but you might also want to look at the [x]it! plain text file format. It's very similar to todo.txt, but I find it a bit cleaner and easier to organize around status and projects. Tags can have different values assigned to them. I also like that you can add a separate description area to each item for additional task notes.
@mickdodge Interesting! You've got all [x]it! features (and more) in TaskPaper application for Mac.