• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Multiple desk locations decision whether to use GTD software

  • Thread starter Thread starter Janezo
  • Start date Start date
Tall

defragged;55817 said:
Hi there. Enjoyed your list. Does this laptop bag fit under the seat on an airplane?

I don't think it does. I never put it there as I'm a tall guy and need all the leg room I can get!!! :cool:
 
Hi,

I too can't imagine having/operating with more than one computer, or not having one "at hand" at virtually all times, and would urge you to get a laptop. I think you'd find it worth the personal expense if your company or university doesn't pay for it, more than worth it, actually, more like worth its weight in gold since if you're working with GTD you must be inherently organised (or trying to be, like the rest of us seem to be also!).

Given a single laptop, I'm (newbie) working with a pretty basic GTD approach. I don't have a palm device (hangs head) and use a combination of simple Word document (3-pages holding all lists) and daily paper calendar on which I put the 'usual' hard meetings, calls, and commitments and various little post-it notes of quickie to-do's as I think of them. My company calendar system is Lotus Notes (I never copied all my work calls and meetings onto paper - just used Notes) but I am leaving the corporate rat race so will use the combination of Word and daily paper calendar going forward.

From your original post I would think the single most helpful thing you could do for yourself would be to start with "one computer, one life" and go from there ... good luck to all of us.

Cheers.
 
Top