New to Todoist questions about recurring items

Leann

Registered
Hi all! I am new to todoist and am setting up for my family (children to have simple daily checklists) I've set up a recurring daily checklist, and love that I have the option to have tasks repeat from the day they were completed. Because there are times where we are sick or on vacation when tasks are going to be ignored and this keeps them from piling with hundreds of overdue tasks. Here is my question.... If I have a certain project that is basically a simple daily checklist of routine items (brush teeth, make bed, do homework, etc.) and I have all of the tasks in this project set to repeat daily (from when the items were last checked off), is it possible to make these tasks not appear as overdue items if they were not completed or checked off the day before? As a parent of kids with ADD and dyslexia, it is important to keep it very simple visually. Is there an easy way to do this or will I have to physically go in and delete these tasks that appear as overdue each morning? Thanks for any help/advice!

perkall

Registered
Hej Leann,
I guess the following video might inspire you:
The key lies in creating one task which repeats daily and which contains further sub-tasks that do not (!) repeat. I found that extremely cool. :)
And do not miss out on the other more than 200 Todoist videos Carl put on YouTube ;-)
Best regards from Berlin,
Per

Jared Caron

Nursing leader; GTD enthusiast
Hi all! I am new to todoist and am setting up for my family (children to have simple daily checklists) I've set up a recurring daily checklist, and love that I have the option to have tasks repeat from the day they were completed. Because there are times where we are sick or on vacation when tasks are going to be ignored and this keeps them from piling with hundreds of overdue tasks. Here is my question.... If I have a certain project that is basically a simple daily checklist of routine items (brush teeth, make bed, do homework, etc.) and I have all of the tasks in this project set to repeat daily (from when the items were last checked off), is it possible to make these tasks not appear as overdue items if they were not completed or checked off the day before? As a parent of kids with ADD and dyslexia, it is important to keep it very simple visually. Is there an easy way to do this or will I have to physically go in and delete these tasks that appear as overdue each morning? Thanks for any help/advice!

Hi there,

I use todoist, though i dont share my lists with anyone. You dont necessarily need to manually delete them... you can "postpone" them to the next recurrence, or reschedule. The app has a nice "move to today" feature that will just pull overdue stuff to today automatically.

In general i don't love recurring tasks in todoist. I thought nirvana did a better job with those, because they dont appear until the date you set, rather than constantly reminding me of tasks I need to do next week (which is rather un-GTD also).

Could you make the parent task non-completely too and use it as a note to complete a set of activities, without having the check-off box it will automatically move to today?